SOLD TJ Rubicon Factory Fender Flares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
This is a set of factory fender flares removed from my 2005 Rubicon with 50,000 miles. For those of you who don't know, the Rubicon models had fender flares that were 4.25" wide as oppose to 3.25" wide on the Sport models and other non-Rubicon models. These flares are therefore wider, and look noticeably better.

There is no damage to these things other than a little bit of oxidization from the sun and maybe some very, very minor scuffs and chips (hard to even tell). Nothing a good Scotch Brite pad scuff and SEM trim black spray won't fix (and yes, use that paint, it's amazing!)

I am going to ask $100 plus shipping. Shipping may be costly given the size of this box, I'm thinking around $50, but I'm happy to check.

I've got a box and everything (it's a big box) sitting in the garage, so realistically I can send them out as soon as tomorrow!

IMG_0513.JPG
IMG_0514.JPG
IMG_0515.JPG
IMG_0516.JPG
IMG_0517.JPG

Some member was just looking for some a couple of days ago. Can't remember who, but with all your admin power I would think you could track him down :)

Reactions: Chris
Don't know if this could save on shipping @Chris, but I got mine from a guy in Indiana. He taped them up, shrink wrapped them, and stuck an envelope on the shrink wrap, thus eliminating the box.

@JMT weren’t you after a set?
Sorry guys, been swamped here at the homestead. Chris PM’d me last night and we talked it out. I let them go, mainly bc I’m through my Jeep budget till May (a common syndrome among Jeep addicts)! Also, trying to sort through which way to go in the build. Reminds me of permutations in mathematics, lots of options, some unexplored.

@skrelnik was next in line after @JMT. If he doesn't buy them, then they're up for grabs again.

One thing I am finding is that even with my UPS negotiated rates, shipping is still around $53 to most places in the U.S. I blame it on the huge box (it's a factory Mopar box my other fender flares came in). UPS says normally it's around $86, but I get it for $53 with the negotiated rates. Better than $183 which USPS wanted, haha!

Reactions: JMT
Shipping rate to Ladysmith, British Columbia. V9G-1B1
Cheapest rate available Chris ..... USPS Ground is good.
Thanks,
Greg

USPS won't even let me mail it. The box is too big to ship with them internationally they say:

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 8.09.07 AM.png

UPS also has a problem with large dimensional boxes, they really hit you over the head, not sure if it just the physical space it takes up in transit or the worry about potential disability claims from the workers? It is cheaper for me to send 2 - 20 lb boxes than 1 - 30 lb.

Okay, they are still for sale, no one in line as of the moment.

I want them Chris .... if the shipping is reasonable. Please quote a shipping charge.

USPS won't ship them because the box is too big.

UPS wants over $300 to ship them to Canada... Stupid, I know!

Try fed ex.

Shipping companies have started using dimensional rates, instead of weight, unless it's unusually heavy. That means they are charging based on box size instead of raw weight. Smaller box means less shipping.

Problem is, it doesn't matter who you go with, shipping internationally (especially for a box this size) is going to be very, very expensive. No way around that unfortunately.

Chris I bought mine from @BendLarry last year... had to pay $115 to ship them from Oregon to Tennessee. Cost + shipping was still cheaper than a new set. That being said, I HIGHLY recommend to anyone who likes the OEM look as I do to jump on these. Changes the entire look.

Forgive me for asking since I could probably search the forum but I haven’t been around much lately... What did you replace them with?

Also here is how he packaged mine...
d85a6fc83438668acde947ba74614e08.jpg

Chris I bought mine from @BendLarry last year... had to pay $115 to ship them from Oregon to Tennessee. Cost + shipping was still cheaper than a new set. That being said, I HIGHLY recommend to anyone who likes the OEM look as I do to jump on these. Changes the entire look.

Forgive me for asking since I could probably search the forum but I haven’t been around much lately... What did you replace them with?

Also here is how he packaged mine...
View attachment 30625

Glad that worked out for you. Shipping was no biggie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FF_Jeep
Status
Not open for further replies.