TJs stuck in the mud

Mike_H

autos are better - WRWD508
Supporting Member
Little Discussion over on @JMT's build thread gave me an idea. I know the point is to not GO into the mud, but I thought it might be fun to show off our Mud Stucks. I've got a couple...

1610943141371.png

1610943607643.png

What is funny is that these were two different parks, but the same type of mud. Slippery, clay based. Its almost firm enough to drive on...but its not and you sink. Because its so firm, it grabs everything under the vehicle and you need to drag it with you. I had to pull line in both cases...

ouch. I've been stuck once but I was really just high centered on transfer case skid. Old TJ on 33's no pics.
My LJ was fine though just needed pulled out. My buddy with his JK on 37’s not so much. Next mud hole he got mud in his clutch so I drug his lifeless JK 10 miles back to town so he could rinse it out at the car wash. He then drove back to Iowa and clutch was toast when he arrived at home.

My LJ was fine though just needed pulled out. My buddy with his JK on 37’s not so much. Next mud hole he got mud in his clutch so I drug his lifeless JK 10 miles back to town so he could rinse it out at the car wash. He then drove back to Iowa and clutch was toast when he arrived at home.
View attachment 218969
Sorry but I'm going around that one.

View attachment 218969
Wasn't sure on your picture, but this certainly looks like Drummond Island? I've been when its dry...some of those holes are RIDICULOUSLY deep.

Reactions: Apparition
Wasn't sure on your picture, but this certainly looks like Drummond Island? I've been when its dry...some of those holes are RIDICULOUSLY deep.
Yep all my mud holes have been Drummond.

This is what you see in MN

B3E6DC99-1F48-47A6-A655-92986F71B9AA.jpeg

018990C5-A5C7-4920-906F-A3091E9778D6.jpeg

2CB21940-3EB2-43CC-92AC-951A6826380D.jpeg