Tonneau Cover

From what I can gather, they offer 3 choices (hard top, factory soft top, Supertop) because they are fitted in the rear to allow room for the folded up soft top. If you follow this procedure, you can get your soft top to tuck pretty tight into the tub, then the tonneau would strap over the top hiding it below.

http://home.exetel.com.au/jeeps/Removingthetop.htm

The Supertop looks to have a different frame than a factory top, so they must make accommodations for its design. Hard top has nothing back there, so it's a tighter fitting tonneau me thinks.

Yah, I read the "installation instructions" that Quadrtac had for the Bestop I would need. I would have to take the actual soft top off, but can leave the bars. The bars sit on top of the tub hiding under the cover. It looked like I could still use my drawer doing it that way.

In a way, that would probably be my best bet. At least I wouldn't' have to take all the bars off too. I will most likely go with the Bestop for the Supertop. :D I will just have to wait a little longer for the Windjammer. :D

Ok, bringing this back up again. I found a cover I want. Problem is, it isn't made for my model and year of Jeep. Looks like I will have to have my upholstery guy make one for me. LOL

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYZV2M2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

This one is attached with D rings and velcro straps. It appears that I would be able to use it with top up or down. I wish they made it for a TJ.

Ok, bringing this back up again. I found a cover I want. Problem is, it isn't made for my model and year of Jeep. Looks like I will have to have my upholstery guy make one for me. LOL

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYZV2M2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

This one is attached with D rings and velcro straps. It appears that I would be able to use it with top up or down. I wish they made it for a TJ.

If you're concerned about weather protection, don't go that route; that style cover will dump water into your tub.

If you're concerned about weather protection, don't go that route; that style cover will dump water into your tub.

No, I don't care about weather protection. I want things in the back to be less visible and a little harder to just reach in and grab. I don't really keep much back there besides my grocery cold bags, but still would like it more secure, per say. LOL

Edit to add, I don't want to take my top all the way off. Why take it off and try to find somewhere to store it, when I can store it on the back of the Jeep. LOL So I need a cover I can undo the sides, put the top down, then redo the sides. That is why the one I linked would work good in my opinion.

Normal tonneau covers don't allow that?

Yah, that is why I want one like the GPCA one I linked above. It can easily be unvelcroed, put the top down, then revelcro it. The straps would end up above the soft tops bar. I would work great, if they made them for TJ, but they don't. LOL

I came up with the idea of buying some material the size of the tub area, and then sewing it to my bed web thingy. So in the pic below, instead of seeing the bed web stuff stretched across, you would see the material.

vxf3cRmtRKWSKMvBO%rz9Q.jpg

Hubby said it would look funny. LOL He said he will take care of it and come up with something. We will see. LOL