Too Tall

Here are track bar mounts. Set up to possibly go over knuckle steering later. I've always done full crossover on my other rigs. But trying to work with what I have and not start completely over. I guess I didn't realize how much different TJs are than old 44s or even new 44s. They are kinda their own beast I guess.

View attachment 516713

View attachment 516714

As Blaine said…you got a bunch of work ahead of you.

So I found my LJ YAY!!!
Picked this up about 500 miles from home. Then drove it home and it drives OK ish. But I'm about to fix all that.
How I picked it up:
06, 6 speed hard top
RE 5.5 long arm and antirock in front, 35" BFGs, G2 axles, 4.56s, Eatons, and Atlas II 3.8, some bumpers, a winch, and dual optima batteries under the hood.

View attachment 508601

View attachment 508602

View attachment 508603

Beautiful LJ. Sounds like you got pulled into the "whatever the PO fucked up installing the lift" predicament.

That rotor got rusted, the caliper is not retracting as nicely as it should. The caliper needs to be pulled, guide pins lubed, dust boots pulled to make sure rust isn't pushing against a piston(s), and then the pistons popped out and the bores check for crud and rust. After that, get the rotors turned, do the break in on the pads pretty aggressively and it should be good to go. If not, get in touch and we'll help you out.

Well, there is good news and bad news. The good news is all of that is fixable, the bad news is you will have to practically start over from scratch.
Not enough backspacing to start. It is never going to steer and handle well with that much offset.
Dump that crap inverted T steering and go back to the factory style.
Put the trackbar back in the stock location on the axle. Get a nice adjustable on it.
Dump that pitman arm, go back to stock with the TRE under it.

That will all show you if other than those parts are in need of fixing.

Thanks I'll start working on this and let you know how it goes

Reactions: mrblaine