Tpms sensors

LJtheunicorn

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So this is Toyota related thread not Jeep related, do any of y’all have familiarity with Toyota TPMS sensors?

For starters I will say I hate these things and I would rather disable them on any and all cars I ever own.
However Toyota is harder to reprogram than my f-150 which I have disabled via forscan.

Now for the issue, I have a 2012 camry and it has original tpms sensors and of course they’re all either broken, faulty, or have a dead battery. Discount tire is telling me I’ve gotta go to the dealer as they’re no longer able to service tpms sensors for Toyotas. I know taking this car to the dealer would be excessively expensive and very annoying….

What are my options here?

Just recently I read about these tpms emulator bypasses but that’s it haven’t seen any feedback on if they work.

has anyone else heard that only dealers can now service Toyota tpms systems?

If I had my choice I would just ignore the tpms light on the dash and move on to other issues but it’s driving my wife nuts which in turn is driving me nuts.

Find out what their frequency is and order new ones off Amazon. Five years ago when I put different wheels on my jk I ordered five new ones for less than $100, but since then they of course gone up. There was no programming, just install and allow them to connect. Just get the correct frequency

I had a 2007 Tundra with a bad sensor. My local tire shop rep-laced it with a non-Toyota brand sensor. From what I remember, they weren't that special.