Track bar alignment: what else is needed now?

99greenTJ

Supporting Member
Trying to remove spacers from front and rear springs. Want
20240621_153448.jpg
20240621_153435.jpg
20240621_152346.jpg
20240621_152253.jpg
20240621_110443.jpg
factory ride height, atleast for now.
Got spacers out in the rear, finally.
Front is current issue. With shocks and sway bar links unhooked, suspension still not dropping enough to get spring free.
I have tried pry bars, close but not enough. Tired of trying to redneck the deal.

Agree with above on steerign and track bar, but fir that height, I would definitely try raising the opposite side first, that makes more difference than people realize.

I have 4” Currie, and I can take them out with steering and track bar, but must take out lower CA. Just look to see what’s keeping it from drooping, it will tell you what is stopping it

Reactions: Granite
Agree with above, if that doesn’t work then borrow a set of coil spring compressors from auto zone.

Are you putting the stock traction bar back on. That adjustable you have looks like it ain’t got much adjustment left to re center, once you take the spacers out. Shocks may not have much room afterwards, either.

Reactions: macleanflood
Thanks for the replies.
I watched some you tube vids on taking the springs out. Now I plan on taking the track bar loose, to see how much that helps.
The question on my adjustable track bar being near out of adjustment is troubling?
All I want is to get the spacers out.
I hope there are no more unexpected consequences?
BTW, some told me the track bar is from a Cherokee?
New jeep owner.

Thanks for the replies.
I watched some you tube vids on taking the springs out. Now I plan on taking the track bar loose, to see how much that helps.
The question on my adjustable track bar being near out of adjustment is troubling?
All I want is to get the spacers out.
I hope there are no more unexpected consequences?
BTW, some told me the track bar is from a Cherokee?
New jeep owner.

Adjustable track bars, some of them? I believe are for cetain lifts and up. If you’re going back to stock, if that won’t adjust back down, you need to go back to a stock track bar possibly.

Rear as well, if you have an adjustable back there.

How to get track bar bolted in?
With front suspension hanging on sway bar links and shocks currently. On lift, with skid plate removed.
Should I put the tires on and get the weight on the suspension? And or do I unscrew the tack bar adjustment?
20240622_135238.jpg

I have the wheels back on, also the skid plate is back on. Weight of the jeep moved the suspension so I can put the bolt back in the track bar.
No I have not measured the front tire to spring purch.
I watched a few youtubes after I asked the question. One was taking the measurements. My bar is adjustable. Measurements maybe tomorrow.
Thanks

I measured the distance from the the tire tread and the top spring perch. Have 7" on front left and 6" on the front right. Is this reason to adjust the track bar?
If so what is the correct procedure. Extend or retract the track bar?
I plan on replacing the tires and wheels, probably should do that before any adjustments are made?

If so what is the correct procedure. Extend or retract the track bar?
I plan on replacing the tires and wheels, probably should do that before any adjustments are made?

Look at the bar and see where it's attached and then you should understand how changing the length moves the axle in the correct direction.
Once the axle is centered, it won't matter what size tires are on it.

Thanks for your reply.
I belive I jumped to conclusions on the rear offset. The jeeps wheels were off the ground. I put my lift down, tires on the ground. The tire protruding out on each side is much better.
20240623_151650.jpg
20240623_090133.jpg