Track bars on export / RHD Jeeps

My GF is from Portland, OR. Has been here for about two years, we're going to look into moving back there when I can get a Visa. Can't wait!

Step one.... learn Spanish (Mexican)
Step two.... enter from the southern border.....
Step three.... claim Asylum because your government is bad.

..... in all honesty I hope everything works out for you.

Reactions: JoshNZ
Sup Josh, Im also having similar troubles finding parts for RHD. Do post up what you end up doing here....!

I'm also based in Akl, also one of the very few that drive around with no doors...

Sup Josh, Im also having similar troubles finding parts for RHD. Do post up what you end up doing here....!

I'm also based in Akl, also one of the very few that drive around with no doors...
Hey mate...you weren't at Cornwall park on Saturday ...I pulled in there to pick up an ammo box that Brian The Welder was doing for me...I did see a white Sahara there (with no doors) but it was leaving just as I arrived !!

You can get a relocation bracket which would recentre your axle nicely. My problem is that I have a SYE and Double Cardan driveshaft. So once I get a new WoF (hopefully soon), Im, going to throw on my adjustable control arms and rotate the rear pinion up so it's all aligned nicely. The problem then is it will be out of plane and probably ruin articulation, so I'm going to make and weld on a new bracket... I'll have to get the arms certed, so may as well make a perfect bracket too

You can get a relocation bracket which would recentre your axle nicely. My problem is that I have a SYE and Double Cardan driveshaft. So once I get a new WoF (hopefully soon), Im, going to throw on my adjustable control arms and rotate the rear pinion up so it's all aligned nicely. The problem then is it will be out of plane and probably ruin articulation, so I'm going to make and weld on a new bracket... I'll have to get the arms certed, so may as well make a perfect bracket too
Hows the new place ?

How was the meet up?? Hopefully not just full of JKs? I missed it completely, went camping at Hamilton’s gap - would recommend

F831C68C-ADC8-419D-AFCC-CCED576776FB.png

F271F1E2-6D22-4F0F-A00E-4B1A861BCFEA.jpeg

EBC7DE23-67EC-40B7-913F-1667BE78CA10.png

• Love
Reactions: Maso and Kiwi TJ
How was the meet up?? Hopefully not just full of JKs? I missed it completely, went camping at Hamilton’s gap - would recommend

View attachment 78215

View attachment 78216

View attachment 78217
That's looks like fun !!...I pretty much missed it ...but Im not on FB so didn't know about it till late.
There was about 8 Jeeps there when I arrived about 3 TJ's , 1 CJ and 4 JK's probably more there before I arrived.They were all heading out to Muriwai as I arrived ( I thought it was something I said haha)

Fun but pretty short lived. Just me and the girlfriend, so was not keen to play in the rocks, which is below the high tide line, for too long! Will go back with a mobile winching point sometime soon

Fun but pretty short lived. Just me and the girlfriend, so was not keen to play in the rocks, which is below the high tide line, for too long! Will go back with a mobile winching point sometime soon
yeah you don't want to have leave your Jeep there as permanent fixture haha

Last edited:
I made an account just to comment on this thread. I'm in Canada and I can't find an adjustable track bar for a RHD jeep tj anywhere. I've looked at multiple websites in multiple countries. Only non adjustable oem for tj or adjustable for Jk's.

If you guys know somewhere I don't please enlighten me!

• Sad
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
go for the relocation bracket to center the axle, as far as the rotation of alignment for the pinion you can get adjustable trailing arms to get the angle right, old man emu sell the relocation bracket... hope this helps mate

So I bought a RHD adjustable tj track bar. Which was super difficult to find. As well as a bracket that drops down the connection point to the frame which in turn should keep the track bar angle the same after the 4in kit is installed.

I got them both from: http://www.doubleblackoffroad.com
I have to give it to them, they are amazing. They were chatting with me live through Facebook as I browsed and purchases and found me the best price for shipping to Canada.
Only good things to say so far about them. I have yet to receive the parts in the mail.

If anyone needs a full explanation of this lift for a RHD in north america give me a shout.

Cheers

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and JoshNZ
Bill and the gang at Double Black are one of my clients...great bunch of people there.

So I bought a RHD adjustable tj track bar. Which was super difficult to find. As well as a bracket that drops down the connection point to the frame which in turn should keep the track bar angle the same after the 4in kit is installed.

I have to give it to them, they are amazing. They were chatting with me live through Facebook as I browsed and purchases and found me the best price for shipping to Canada.
Only good things to say so far about them. I have yet to receive the parts in the mail.

If anyone needs a full explanation of this lift for a RHD in north america give me a shout.

Cheers

Do you have a direct link to the rear adjustable RHD bar from Double Black? I've used them before and have even met Bill in person during a service but found him less than helpful, historically I preferred dealing with Tony from USA 4X4 which is a suburb further down. Any further information about this magical RHD adjustable bar for TJ would be appreciated.

On another side note, I recently purchased one of Whitelines Rear adjustable bars for TJ and it is a piece of crap; the threads on the adjusting bolt in the centre have been milled poorly and do not engage with the threads of the bar (see screenshot of bolt that just slides in and out of bar) and I'm in the process of trying to return it.

vlcsnap-2019-05-11-19h24m11s886.png

vlcsnap-2019-05-11-19h23m52s716.png

Cheers
Can I get some info on your rear track bar setup

Hi Josh,

I share your pain in being able to get RHD specific parts in NZL. I have had my TJ since 2004 and installed a lift in 2008.

Once you have the lift that you installed and adjustable rear arms needed for the SYE, then you are up for Cert, so might as well go for gold and get everything sorted at once. I have just installed the JB Conversions SSYE in my TJ with a Tom Woods driveshaft. I have designed up a new rear trackbar, which is much longer than the stock one, and mounts to a new bracket that also lifts the axle side mounting location up higher to correct the roll centre.

After installation the Jeep handles much better, cornering flatter and less "head bobble" over bumps. The longer flatter track bar is awesome from a performance perspective. Is fabricated from 35 mm OD hollow bar (ID 15 mm), and has genuine Johnny Joints at both ends with the adjustment on the frame side, so well strong enough for our application.

You will also need to relocate the lower mount on your rear shocks, as when you rotate the pinion, the rear spring mounting pads hit the shock body and dents it, ruining the shock. I would suggest that you get something like these. https://savvyoffroad.com/product/ce-9601/

I am still tweaking the design of the trackbar and bracket to optimise it to ensure good clearances during full articulation, will post up some pictures once done.