MikeE024

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Price
- Transmission temp sensor
- Autometer Z-series
- Excellent condition

$45 shipped to US 48

Blaine brazed in a bung while he had my rig, but I no longer need this since I now get the temp reading from the PCM on my 2005.

IMG_7940.jpeg

IMG_7944.jpeg

Note: I noticed a white piece of something on the inside while taking photos that I never noticed it before. Circled in blue below.

IMG_7942.jpeg

I may leave town soon and will be back around the first week of November. I’ll be happy to ship before I leave if anyone is interested otherwise it will be available upon my return.

TY - Michael

Ironic I just received my gauge from Amazon 5 minutes before seeing this - I’m returning it and buying yours. You have PM. rj

Received and responded to your PM.

TY - Michael

Reactions: JMT
I did not know this was a thing. Can you explain for the class?

Sure thing. I purchased an aeroforce obd2 gauge that I found offered for the 05/06. It provides the trans temp which makes sense since the PCM and TCM are combined on the 05/06. It was a pleasant surprise.

It reports many reading including real time misfires, and it reads and clears codes. It also reports boost so I plan to remove the boost controller and add a second aeroforce gauge.

IMG_7968.jpeg

Last edited:
Sure thing. I purchased an aeroforce obd2 gauge that I found offered for the 05/06. It provides the trans temp which makes sense since the PCM and TCM are combined on the 05/06. It was a pleasant surprise.

It reports many reading including real time misfires, and it reads and clears codes. It also reports boost so I plan to remove the boost controller and add a second aeroforce gauge.

View attachment 465436

that is badass, ill definitely have to get one of those since i want to keep an eye on my temps since this texas heat gets bad, luckily we're going into fall but still better be safe than sorry
Does it also read coolant temp ?

Reactions: MikeE024

View attachment 465436

How are you keeping the gauges in those gauge pods from Ortiz?

that is badass, ill definitely have to get one of those since i want to keep an eye on my temps since this texas heat gets bad, luckily we're going into fall but still better be safe than sorry
Does it also read coolant temp ?

It does :)

IMG_7973.jpeg

I plan to get a second device to view my boost and have the option to run their wideband via the analog input.

• USA Proud
Reactions: D's Jeep Wrld
How are you keeping the gauges in those gauge pods from Ortiz?

I asked Ortiz pretty much the same question.

They said folks typically fit them without any backing. They asked me what gauges I planned to install and I told them Autometer which I believe is 52mm. They used pods that would create a tight fit. I sanded one pod a bit more for the autometer.

The aeroforce gauge is slightly smaller so I ran some electrical tape around part of the gauge to create a tight fit.

Btw, I cracked the a-pillar where the pod attaches during the second install of the boost controller. It was my fault for being too rough, but I would ask them to reinforce the pods well if you ever go with their part.

They said they’d fix it for free I just need to pay shipping since it’s out of warranty. I haven’t decided if I’ll se d it to them or epoxy it myself.

Let me know if I didn’t answer any of the questions properly or if you have more questions.

I’m on the road and reception is spotty, so I’ll check back in when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.