Trektop NX -Sunrider on the highway?

robertgreen79

TJ Enthusiast
Does anybody use the sunrider feature on the highway? I have a small roadtrip tomorrow and just installed it last weekend.

Not sure if we have the exact same top, but on mine, when it is folded back, you will see a small groove that the latches can hook onto. So you latch them in place so they don't make noise. Kind of hard to explain, but you should see what I'm talking about when you fold it back and you point the latch toward the back of the jeep.

Not sure if we have the exact same top, but on mine, when it is folded back, you will see a small groove that the latches can hook onto. So you latch them in place so they don't make noise. Kind of hard to explain, but you should see what I'm talking about when you fold it back and you point the latch toward the back of the jeep.

I just ran outside to check and sure enough they're there. I never even noticed them before. Nice catch (pun intended)

Love mine. The back flaps a little and is a bit annoying, but on a on longer trip I can tie a rod on the back and make it behave.

Along the back edge. Actually I used a 1/4” pipe and slid it into the same space as the bar already there and it gave better stability. Strapped it down with some straps to the safety cage. The little straps they give you to hold it down are almost useless.