Turn Signal Flasher Issues

justinhustle

TJ Enthusiast
Can a bad turn signal flasher on the Jeep fry the system? I got one that’s supposed to fix the hyper flash on the turn signals and it did but not when I tried the emergency flashers. When I tried the flashers it made a weird buzzing noise then stopped working. Turn signals then stopped working.

This is the relay I purchased (EP27): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KQUZHRA/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Tried to swap back in the factory flasher and it doesn’t work at all now either?

Everything else on the stalk works, wipers, lights, etc.

What stock bulbs did you replace with LEDs?

I would check the wiring to the parking light, turn signal, brake light receptacles; check the terminal condition of the receptacles and then check the Multi Function switch, the harness connectors and wiring for signs of overheating....

In the TJ Resources section of this forum there are PDFs that can be downloaded of the Factory Service Manual and in section 8W there are electrical schematics with harness numbers, wiring colors gauge of wiring and pinouts to assist you to troubleshoot your Jeep.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ice-manuals-fsm-technical-documentation.4618/

Last edited:
Reactions: Irun
I would check the wiring to the parking light, turn signal, brake light receptacles; check the terminal condition of the receptacles and then check the Multi Function switch, the harness connectors and wiring for signs of overheating....
all lights function normally minus turn signal operations.
multi function stalk and wiper stalk both work fine.

I second what @CharlesHS said. Check the existing connections. The headlight plugs are especially notorious for corroding and shorting. Literally every Jeep I've looked at or worked on had headlight harnesses that looked like this. I've seen similar things with the side marker lights.

Also, you could try unplugging everything you installed, put the old stuff back in, and see if things go back to normal. If it works, plug one item in at a time and see what changes.

2hfdb1j-jpg.jpg

Reactions: Ironman
I second what @CharlesHS said. Check the existing connections. The headlight plugs are especially notorious for corroding and shorting. Literally every Jeep I've looked at or worked on had headlight harnesses that looked like this. I've seen similar things with the side marker lights.

Also, you could try unplugging everything you installed, put the old stuff back in, and see if things go back to normal. If it works, plug one item in at a time and see what changes.

View attachment 264773

as mentioned in my original post. I put the factory relay back on the back of the stalk, it does not work.

all of my lighting works perfectly fine. I just dont have hazards or turn signals alerts. the lights physically all work fine.

as mentioned in my original post. I put the factory relay back on the back of the stalk, it does not work.

all of my lighting works perfectly fine. I just dont have hazards or turn signals alerts. the lights physically all work fine.
The factory turn signals work on a separate circuit from the lights. Did you check the fuse?

Edit: Both the turn signals and hazard lights work off fuse #13 behind the glove box and #11 under the hood.

Last edited:
Reactions: justinhustle