U-joints: 25-760x vs 5-760x

hear

Can't type
Lifetime Supporting Member
Doing the axle u-joints, but RockAuto doesn't list Dana/Spicer as an option, but with some google-fu you can find the 5-760x for sale on the site, although it tends to turn up 25-760x. Something is funny with the search. But I digress.

I thought I had ordered 5-760x, but I'm holding in my hot little hand a pair of "Spicer Select" 25-760x's. Are these the same part or should I send them back? And is Spicer select an indication of a premium brand or lesser quality?

Doing the axle u-joints, but RockAuto doesn't list Dana/Spicer as an option, but with some google-fu you can find the 5-760x for sale on the site, although it tends to turn up 25-760x. Something is funny with the search. But I digress.

I thought I had ordered 5-760x, but I'm holding in my hot little hand a pair of "Spicer Select" 25-760x's. Are these the same part or should I send them back? And is Spicer select an indication of a premium brand or lesser quality?
The 25-760x are Spicers value line joints. While there is nothing wrong with them compared to other joints they are a step down from the 5-760x.

I'd stick with the better/more durable 5-760x.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009X1XDZG/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: pc1p
  • USA Proud
Reactions: hear and CharlesHS
It's a line to compete with house brand junk. Nothing more.

That said why the insistence on buying shit online baffles me.

All these places have coupons you can use and then go pick them up. If you've got a warranty issue no problem.

Amazon and Rock Auto...the home of the egg shaped drums!!
Truth!

Reactions: Claybirdd
That said why the insistence on buying shit online baffles me.

All these places have coupons you can use and then go pick them up. If you've got a warranty issue no problem.

Amazon and Rock Auto...the home of the egg shaped drums!!
Truth!
I'm sorry you hate my buying choices enough to tell the internet about it, but buying online is a very convenient option for many, and often times you get the same parts you'd get from AutoZone or equivalent. Unless by all these places you can go and pick them up you mean a Spicer distribution center, I'm not sure where I'm supposed to shop to not draw your ire. :rolleyes:

I'd stick with the better/more durable 5-760x.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009X1XDZG/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I know how to find the 5-760x version, but RockAuto has been cheaper than Amazon on these (even factoring in shipping). Understanding the difference was the point of this, and I got my answer.

Thanks everyone,