Upgraded wiring harness for stock fog lights?

Rubiconned

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Everyone knows how a relay wiring harness increases brightness to the stock headlights by using a relay to bring power directly from the battery and not through the limiting light switch. But what about using a similar harness to bring power directly to the fog lights for increased brightness? (I'm not using my fog lights for fog). K Suspensions got it wrong when I asked them this question. They told me the fog lights already have a relay. Yes, they do but it's not for bringing power directly from the battery but rather cutting power from the light switch when the high beams are on. Anyway, has anyone done a harness for the stock fog lights? If so, any improvement?

Everyone knows how a relay wiring harness increases brightness to the stock headlights by using a relay to bring power directly from the battery and not through the limiting light switch. But what about using a similar harness to bring power directly to the fog lights for increased brightness? (I'm not using my fog lights for fog). K Suspensions got it wrong when I asked them this question. They told me the fog lights already have a relay. Yes, they do but it's not for bringing power directly from the battery but rather cutting power from the light switch when the high beams are on. Anyway, has anyone done a harness for the stock fog lights? If so, any improvement?

It may or may not add more brightness, but still a good idea.
Puts less current/heat through the MFS.
When I added relays for my headlights I left a spot for a 'fog' light relay, but never got around to installing it.

You didn't say what year your Jeep is and I don't see it in your profile but on the 2000 there are 2 relays, relay #1 brings power directly to the fog lights from fuse #19 in the PDC and relay #2 disables relay #1 when the high beams are on.

edit: OK I found it in your profile, a 2004 with the power for the fog lights coming from the MFS. I agree that anything you can do to re-route heavy current from the MFS is a good idea, but I can't say you'll notice any difference in brightness. I re-routed my headlight power from the headlight switch with relays and I re-routed the blower motor current from the dash mode switch with a relay also, after a meltdown.

Last edited: