Video of the Blue Angels Pre-Flight Rehearsal

qslim

The Man with the Big Yellow Car
Lifetime Supporting Member
Interesting article & video of how the Blue Angels visualize their routine prior to the show. When we were in FL we'd take the boat over to Pensacola bay to watch the airshow, it was an amazing day. Show center was the water tower on the beach so the whole thing happened right over the water & they'd rip 200 feet right over your head.

I guess when you're doing that sort of stuff wingtip to wingtip in an F-18 it's good to have a plan ahead of time.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...ue-angels-go-through-before-every-flight-demo

Last edited:
Interesting article & video of how the Blue Angels visualize their routine prior to the show. When we were in FL we'd take the boat over to Pensacola bay to watch the airshow, it was an amazing day. Show center was the water tower on the beach so the whole thing happened right over the water & they'd rip 200 feet right over your head.

I guess when you're doing that sort of stuff wingtip to wingtip in an F-18 it's good to have a plan ahead of time.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...ue-angels-go-through-before-every-flight-demo
Cool to see that, thanks for posting

Reactions: qslim
Just saw the Blue Angels perform at Thunder over Michigan. We had some crap vis and ceilings but they were superb, as usual. The F-35 was most impressive and I also really loved the B-25s.

Just saw the Blue Angels perform at Thunder over Michigan. We had some crap vis and ceilings but they were superb, as usual. The F-35 was most impressive and I also really loved the B-25s.
The F-35 Demo Team is stationed here where I work. It's only one pilot for now, Maj. Kristin "Beo" Wolfe. She practices on Fridays, it awesome to watch.

The best move this thing can do is the "Dojo Drift" that the first F-35 demo pilot developed. She comes screaming down the runway, banks, & pulls up hard enough to make the tail slide out & go to what looks like damn near 90 dg AOA . The most impressive part of it is the fact that she can continue to climb after having bled off all that energy during the turn.

thedrive.com... warzone is one of my daily rituals with a cup o' joe! Good stuff!
I've read more than a few of Tyler's articles & thought "how does he know this?" That guy is VERY connected.

Reactions: jeepins
The F-35 Demo Team is stationed here where I work. It's only one pilot for now, Maj. Kristin "Beo" Wolfe. She practices on Fridays, it awesome to watch.

The best move this thing can do is the "Dojo Drift" that the first F-35 demo pilot developed. She comes screaming down the runway, banks, & pulls up hard enough to make the tail slide out & go to what looks like damn near 90 dg AOA . The most impressive part of it is the fact that she can continue to climb after having bled off all that energy during the turn.

Major Kristin…..you go girl…or I guess that needs to be woman.