Warn Freewheeling Hub Replacement

StephenT.

Hi folks,
My name is Stephen and i live in Sydney Australia.... I have a heavily modified 2001 TJ (3rd owner) with a Dana44 front end with a larger disc brake setup & 5x5.5 stud pattern.. I recently had a bearing collapse in the right front which subsequently completely destroyed the hub.... I sourced a replacement kit from a supplier in Florida who supplied me with the new kit from Randy's Ring & Pinion which was suppose to be a direct swap over from the original Warn kit. Well it's been nothing but a nightmare trying to get the kit sorted with the right hubs ( odd sized hubs were supplied in the first shipment) and getting it to fit my TJ.... After many telephone calls and requested pictures sent to the supplier/vender a second set of hubs were sent over to me... And yes, they did not fit my TJ. They were causing my brakes to hit hard up against my wheels. The tech from Randy's spoke to my mechanic and basically brushed him aside and told him to "modify my Jeep to fit the kit". I have tried to get another of the smaller of the hubs first sent over to me as my mechanic was confident he could modify my brake mounting brackets to get the kit to work ( the bearing journal is still roughly 5mls further out and still causing the brakes to hit up against the rims). Now Randy's have stated there are no more of the smaller hubs available and they have since changed the replacement hub kits to have the larger of the hubs in it ( found out that they are for a 1 tonner FSJ axel set up and not for a TJ). So as they say, I was left up shyte creek without a paddle...
Has anyone else had issues with this supposed replacement kit from Randy's Ring & Pinion....
I now have to get two hubs custom milled for me now as the orginal Warn kit was not popular when released here in Australia and has proved impossible to get a replacement used hub here....
Cheer's...
PS... We do love our Jeeps down here in Oz......

DSCN0909.JPG

DSCN0954.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Sorry, no help with your issue. Hopefully someone will have some insight and post up. Good luck.

Contact Warn Customer Service in Oregon USA directly. Though they no longer sell their hub kits, they usually have parts available for them. Then sent me parts for my hubs a few years ago. Randy's is useless for most manual hub information, I've yet to talk with anyone there who knew what they were talking about.