What do you think of this roadside encounter?

As soon as you see the back of the truck and get the back story the spin is immediately apparent. I used to be quick to jump on the cop bashing bandwagon but after being burnt by the media a couple times I've learned to wait before judging. I don't like abuse of power, but I really don't like being lied to either.

This is what happens when you have a liberal left anti cop narrative generated by elected officials and spun by the media. The police officer was 100% justified in everything he did. She disobeyed a lawful request and then fled after being notified she was under arrest. If she felt she did not deserve the ticket she could have taken it to traffic court or the district magistrate via the normal process, not argue with the officer. Think pulling his gun was excessive? Don't think an older woman has the ability or capability of having a gun and using it? Her actions were aberrant and the officer had to assume the worst for his own protection.

With all of the hell that I go thru with cfr49, the feds, DOT and such, trying to make a living with my 2 dump trucks, that vehicle should have never been on the road.

If that were a class 8 commercial vehicle, it would have been out of service, minimum $500 fine, towed, and not allowed on the street again until repaired.

It's bullshit what the police have to tolerate from people with "just a driver's license"

As soon as you see the back of the truck and get the back story the spin is immediately apparent. I used to be quick to jump on the cop bashing bandwagon but after being burnt by the media a couple times I've learned to wait before judging. I don't like abuse of power, but I really don't like being lied to either.

That's great. Ever deal with the criminal element?
With all of the hell that I go thru with cfr49, the feds, DOT and such, trying to make a living with my 2 dump trucks, that vehicle should have never been on the road.

If that were a class 8 commercial vehicle, it would have been out of service, minimum $500 fine, towed, and not allowed on the street again until repaired.

It's bullshit what the police have to tolerate from people with "just a driver's license"

Amen brother.

Interesting video, she got what she asked for. The money she’ll have tied up in a law firm would have fixed her stupid truck. People don’t think things through. As I’ve been telling my hardheaded grandson for several years ‘actions have consequences ‘.

So, why is it that those on the left seem to generally lean towards less police authority, and those on the right seem to favor more? Doesn't that seem a bit backwards, given the historic bias of the parties towards the size and reach of governance?

Reactions: Hound Dog
So, why is it that those on the left seem to generally lean towards less police authority, and those on the right seem to favor more? Doesn't that seem a bit backwards, given the historic bias of the parties towards the size and reach of governance?
It's a strange conundrum for sure. The left thinks only cops should have guns. But then the left thinks the cops shouldn't use guns.

The Right thinks cops should have and use guns. The right also thinks that average Joe should also have and use guns although not to the extent a lot of us would like.

Good question. I think most would like less unless it is really wrong. This woman got a warning 6 months ago. That thing is unsafe. I always think of motorcycles following something like that and a part falls off. I saw a motorcyclist hit a couch on the turnpike once. I was first on the scene. He lived, but I will never forget that.

It's a strange conundrum for sure. The left thinks only cops should have guns. But then the left thinks the cops shouldn't use guns.

The Right thinks cops should have and use guns. The right also thinks that average Joe should also have and use guns although not to the extent a lot of us would like.

It seems like a classic "big government or small government" question, with the usual opinions inverted; I've puzzled over it for some time, now, when I need a break from figuring out important stuff...like how quantum entanglements and hydro-assist steering work (I think they're the same thing).

I read once that liberal or left means embraces change or enjoys new things and conservative or right means fear or being uncomfortable with change. It really defines the two for me.

To resist change requires authority so...

I read once that liberal or left means embraces change or enjoys new things and conservative or right means fear or being uncomfortable with change. It really defines the two for me.

Interesting take on it; I don't really see a correlation based on whom I have encountered in both of those camps, but it's worth considering, nonetheless.

Reactions: pagrey
People, people, people...

Come on, now. In the video, she clearly states why all this went down as it did. Right at the 3:13 mark, she states "...'cause I'm a country girl...". I mean, seriously...that's all that needs to be said, right? :rolleyes:

Reactions: mushdogs and pagrey
People, people, people...

Come on, now. In the video, she clearly states why all this went down as it did. Right at the 3:13 mark, she states "...'cause I'm a country girl...". I mean, seriously...that's all that needs to be said, right? :rolleyes:

Yep, just like every other excuse for disobeying a lawful order from a police officer. Other excuses are 'I'm black, Muslim, LBGT, liberal, trans gender, etc.' 👍

Reactions: chad and mushdogs

Congrats on your leftist indoctrination. 🍻

This has not been my experience. The left doesn’t want growth in Pittsburgh because it raises property values, but the right wants growth and change because there is too much crime and homes falling over. The left protested Whole Foods expanding because that is too much change. I don’t buy into left being progressive. They don’t want growth in my area unless it caters to minority’s and poor only. Can’t get tax revenue from them, but they don’t understand business.