What is everyone's go to for aftermarket parts and accessories?

Scott D

What is everyone's go to for aftermarket parts and accessories is there one that's better on prices or do you have to shop around for whoever has the best deal?

Amazon for cheap or generic stuff, Savvy, Currie, GenRight, and Blaine directly for the more speciality stuff.

Keep it simple and avoid places like Morris4x4, 4 Wheel Parts (they aren't too bad, but certainly not the best), and Quadratec (sorry, I really don't like those guys and have had numerous bad experiences with them).

Reactions: Fonz54
You can find quality name brand parts on Amazon as well. I have bought several things on Amazon including a MORryde tailgate reinforcement kit for a substantially lower price than I could have gotten it directly or from a jeep specific online retailer. I believe it was around $60 cheaper than anywhere else.

I've also bought direct from companies with no problems when they put their parts on sale. I just google search whatever part I'm looking for and shop around for the best prices and look for things like coupons and free shipping.

Also when I come across an accessory I think I might like, I like to search this site to see if others have experience with it and get their feedback. There have been several times I've seen someone with an accessory that I'm looking at and I've PM'd them to ask their opinion on it before buying. Also I'll look for reviews like for the MORryde kit which came highly recommended by Chris and quite a few others which convinced me to purchase it. A little research and shopping around can get you quality products at good prices.

For some stuff, Allen’s Off-road. Allen is a good guy, great prices; Dirk fro DPG gets rave reviews; Amazon supports the forum admin; Savvy, Genright, et al for the specialty mods.

if you had asked a few months ago i would have answered quadratec but they have been jerking me around for 3 months for a set of gears i ordered.

my go to places are amazon, extremeterrain(which isnt really any better from what i gather) or direct right now.

I haven't had a bad experience with any of them that cause me to completely rule them out, so I Google it and compare pricing, shipping, etc. Amazon tends to be the leader because of Prime, but I'm perfectly willing to buy from Quadratec, 4WP, Extreme Terrain, Northridge 4x4, etc when it's a part that they sell.

Obviously the more specialty fabricated parts tend to come directly from the manufacturer.

There have been a couple times when 4WP could get it to their local store more quickly or less expensively than Amazon (for something unavailable on Prime or the occasional wacky price), so I've gone and picked things up there before.

Morris does seem to have among the worst reputations around here though so I don't typically buy from them if I can avoid it.

Reactions: Modoc Guy
I buy shit from amazon or direct from the manufacturers.. pick up a phone and they will usually give you some sort of discount.

Just ordered my new shocks from desert rat in AZ though, used to shop there when I lived in AZ and they have great customer service and no tax/shipping fees to me in Cali!

Adams Driveshaft
DPG offroad Dirk is awesome (OME)
rugged ridge for Tie rod ends thats what was on the jeep when o bought it
Apoc for control arms quality, delivery and Customer Service were outstanding but disappointed that my rear upper did not have the tab welded on for the parking brake cable
O'reilly's auto because they carry dana spicer parts
Napa for gaskets, seals, oil and grease and metric nuts and bolts because hey have grade 8.8 = grade 5 and grade 10.9 equals grade 8
Autozone for their house brand of brake cleaner best i have ever used and purple power degreaser another best if have used
Currie
quadratec for odds and ends
Wal-mart for detail supplies
Tractor supply for paint

Set price watches for Amazon on camelcamelcamel. I’ve gotten great deals on Currie and other brands there.

Ha ha, I used to get stuff from J C Whitney! They're still around, kinda. I looked them up the other day. I think somebody bought them out.

They had every piece of weird-o stuff you could get for a car. Some of it was pretty good quality surprisingly!

Thanks for that recommendation. Just found AntiRock for $369. Lowest price in 19 months.
Better have purchased it, they don’t last forever

mine

7F3C1DDE-42F3-461D-9323-351437B233D2.jpeg