What noise is this caused from?

Edwin26

Hello everybody, i would love to introduce myself but i have this problem with my wifes tj i need help with. I was replacing the gaskets (head and exhaust), water pump, thermostat, radiator and hoses. So i took everything apart and after putting everything back together i procede to turn it on and doesnt sound the same anymore. It idles high and when i drove it around the block it takes of without having to press the gas. I did the battery reset thing and after it turns on normal but once it warms up it does the same high idling and accelerating on its own. I recorded the sound it makes from the exhaust but it doesnt let me upload it. It sounds like a repetitive flapping noise. If anybody has solved this problem please let me know i need to get my wife back on the road.

It sounds like a vacuum Leak, do a visual inspection of the where the manifold goes on the head and check for any gaps, you can use carb cleaner or starter fluid to find it too, if the engine surges when you spray it you found the leak. Just double check that you installed everything Correctly Too

Hello everybody, i would love to introduce myself but i have this problem with my wifes tj i need help with. I was replacing the gaskets (head and exhaust), water pump, thermostat, radiator and hoses. So i took everything apart and after putting everything back together i procede to turn it on and doesnt sound the same anymore. It idles high and when i drove it around the block it takes of without having to press the gas. I did the battery reset thing and after it turns on normal but once it warms up it does the same high idling and accelerating on its own. I recorded the sound it makes from the exhaust but it doesnt let me upload it. It sounds like a repetitive flapping noise. If anybody has solved this problem please let me know i need to get my wife back on the road.
Welcome! Please complete your profile with your TJ's details so we can help you better.

If you re-attached the header/intake without making certain that it was perfectly aligned with the gasket, you can end up with a leak. From your high idle description, that could be the case. I haven't done the job myself, but I understand that it can be tricky to get everything lined up just right.