What size bump stops do I need?

Molokai808

I have a 99 tj.... I have a 4” rough country lift sitting on the side with a 1” BL already installed... I also have 33” tires coming in... but I don’t know what size bump stops it needs with these tires... any advice would help... also which bumpstops I should get... 🙏 thanks

After you install the new shocks cycle the suspension with the coils out. That'll tell you what you need.

@Molokai808

I am assuming you are talking about bumpstop extensions and not the actual bump stops. For bumpstops, use the stock style. The poly ones won't deform to soften the blow of bottoming out.

Bump stop extensions are used to limit the up travel so your shock doesn't bottom out and to ensure your tire doesn't end up contacting your fender. Cycling the suspension with shocks in and springs out will tell you how long of an extension you need to prevent the shocks form bottoming. You will need to do it again with the wheels and tires ( although with that much lift, you should be okay with 33s.

Here is a writeup that includes links to fuses cycling writeup for installing bumpstop extensions

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...nsions-on-a-1997-2006-jeep-wrangler-tj.31063/