What size seat riser?

I am also about 5’7” and got 1.5” risers. They’re perfect. I think any higher and your seat will get stuck when it tumbles forward, and it will get tight between the seat and your steering wheel. I’d definitely say go with the tried and true 1.5”

I'm an inch taller then you, and installed the newer TJ seats/bracket, which are lower then the 98 brackets that were in my TJ, and did the rough country 1.25" riser. It works perfectly. Any taller and I think I would either not be able to actually get into the Jeep, or I would hit my head on the hardtop headliner.

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B2AEK0I/?tag=wranglerorg-20

6’ here and also went 1.5”. I have an 05 and the stock height was terribly too low.
6’ 1” with an ‘05 and I also put in 1.5” risers because stock height made it feel like I was sitting on the tub floor.

When I ordered them I wasn’t sure that would be enough… but I’m happy I didn’t go higher. I think I’d have been better off with 1” or 1.25”. At 5’ 7”, yah, I’m sure 1.5” risers will do wonders.

Reactions: bucky
Is there a practical difference between the skeletonized cheaper version and the solid ones?

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

The Buchanan Precision ones are solid aluminum and come with upgraded hardware. I don’t have any hard data on aluminum vs plastic vs skeletonized … but these are going to be keeping your seat and your passenger’s in place in the event of a collision or rollover so I went with the high quality of Buchanan’s risers! 😁

Reactions: John Cooper
These are the ones I've had for a couple of years now with zero problems. I've removed and installed several times for various seat repairs.
Rough Country
Seat Riser Kit

Front | 1.25 Inch | Jeep Wrangler TJ (97-06)/Wrangler Unlimited (04-06)​

FREE SHIPPING
$29.95
1718579816476.png

Reactions: John Cooper
The Buchanan Precision ones are solid aluminum and come with upgraded hardware. I don’t have any hard data on aluminum vs plastic vs skeletonized … but these are going to be keeping your seat and your passenger’s in place in the event of a collision or rollover so I went with the high quality of Buchanan’s risers! 😁

I went with Buchanans also. We aren’t talking about a lot of money here so going with the solid blocks was a no brainer for me. This is something you could easily make yourself if need be. This is a less than 1/2 hr job.

I went with Buchanan for their blocks and strong fasteners. And bc they seem like really nice ppl putting out good product.

I’m 6’2 and went with the 1” and it was perfect.

I removed mine after adding the PRP seats since they add almost and inch.

I installed one set into my ex’s driver seat when visiting and she loves it (and didn’t think she would). She’s 5’2-5’3 and it helped her see and put her foot in a better position for the pedal. But her 99 sits almost 1” higher than my 2005, so she’s got the height equivalent of adding 2” in my 2005.

I’ll be adding the other blocks to my friend’s 2005. She’s about 5’5 and her husband is 6’2.

I think you’ll be happy with a 1.5” or 2”.

This is a screenshot of the 1” I got. I trust the fasteners and like that the product comes mom and pop machine shop who know their stuff. The wife was super nice when I talked to her.

IMG_3291.jpeg

I used the Streetrays 1.25" kit - it was cheaper on eBay than their site AT THAT TIME. Dunno about now. I'm 6 foot even, but long in the torso and short in the legs for my height (Perfect for Belly Dancing!). The Streetrays are solid aluminum, not plastic and were priced reasonably.

EDIT: Here's a link to their 2.00" kit:
https://www.streetrays.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=273059090771

Reactions: TheBoogieman
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3048944194...pid=5337789113&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

StreetRays parts are 100% machined right! here in Central Texas. Matched with the best hardware which is
also sourced here in USA. Quality material & precision machining is the main ingredients of all our parts. Our kit is not
made from plastic or Delrin or whatever they call it these days, those will eventually crack and break. Bottom line is this:
6061 T6 heat treated billet aluminum is the strongest, we don't take shortcuts

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.