What would y’all do first?

Ok I replaced dropped arm with stock and had alignment done Drives quite a bit better on highways but still darts pretty bad on uneven or rough roads. Anything else I can check or replace?

Is it possible to take a photo of the front of your jeep? Really as level with the bumper as possible? I there is an alignment the track bar and drag link should have and my curiosity is deep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tires are 31x10-50 15 Haven’t check pressure yet but all look up good. Got pics but done know how to put on here.
Tire pressure is very important on a TJ. Almost everyone over-inflates. Drop them to 28psi with 31’s

Chris I would like to get good enough LEDs that I won’t need a light bar. I don’t care to pay 2or 300 if they will do the job. What you recommend in that range

Check these out for $260.00 shipped. I have sold 100s of these and people love them. Great light cutoff and superbright. they fit the TJ H4 connector with the pigtail included.

As for the rest, echoing what others said. Jerry is spot on with the Rancho 5000X shocks. Right now there is a $50 mail-in rebate for them as well. Make sure you are running the appropriate tire pressure for your tire and the TJ (i.e. 26-30 psi). After that then evaluate your needs to correct the driving issues, if any are left.

Allen

Ok I replaced dropped arm with stock and had alignment done Drives quite a bit better on highways but still darts pretty bad on uneven or rough roads. Anything else I can check or replace?

What were the caster numbers from the alignment check? Have you rotated the tires to see if it changes the driveability? You may have a bad tire up front.

22382BDD-8EE6-4D78-A5FB-DC9122DEF7EE.jpeg

Dave we checked and everything felt tight and he was supposed to have checked toe and caster. It’s much better on highway but still pretty sloppy on back roads. I will try and find out what shocks P.O. put on it just before I bought. Even though they are new they may be wrong.

Have someone sit in the jeep (tires on the ground) and rock the steering wheel back and forth while you look at all the suspension parts. Look for anything that moves and see if it is just loose or if a joint is bad. Everything should be nice and tight.

Check the tire pressure. If they are a load range E they will be extra stiff and not help the ride any.

Will do thanks

Let us know what you come up with, mine was sketchy when I bought it. I was afraid to go over 55mph. The guy I bought it from shrugged off my loose steering comments as it's a lifted jeep, that's just how they are. Wrong. When I got it home the track bar was loose at the frame and the tires had probably 35psi in them. Dropped the pressure down to 26 and tightened up the track bar, made a world of difference. Then I tightened up the steering box next (I didn't do it the correct way, but it works) and that really tightened up the feel. After getting adjustable arms and getting a little castor back and adding the currie steering it now steers just as good as my truck with a rack and pinion in it. Might even be better than my truck.

Well I bought the truck lite knock offs on I put them in with dot on top where you can read it. On dim light comes from top half is this correct or do I have them upside down? Came with no instructions.