When selling your TJ what parts do you remove for future TJs you may own?

IPerkWVU

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
No plans to sell the current TJR but think about this often... I think i'd do the following....

• Get the 33s I have in the garage mounted and save the 35s for another build
  • Pull off front bumper w/winch and rear bumper and replace with oem
  • Pull off other misc. Skids like oil pan and steering
  • Sell the hard top separate (assuming the soft tops in good shape
  • Replace radio with oem
  • Swap out my MC arms with OEM for all but the upper rear
  • Remove the onboard air set up
Things id leave on
  • 2" OME lift /BL
  • TT and all included components
What would you pull/keep on?

Yeah, a lot of the items I'd pull off are more about utility, not style preference. With a new build im more focused on lower miles, body style (LJ) and different suspension set up (would be a short arm frankenlift)

Reactions: taylormade73
I might pull rims/tires, but that would be about it. If I were to build a new TJ I would want new parts for it.
I wouldn't be putting anything new on current one as soon as I had a thought about selling it. Why do labor 3x? (On, then off, then on new one) while still doing the labor to replace the parts I just took off. If the parts were what I still want on my new TJ why get rid of the old one?

Reactions: flyinfish
When I traded my TJ for the LJ, I took off the parts I knew I could transfer to the LJ. And didn't want to purchase again.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
If I were to ever sell my LJ, it would likely be to buy another LJ or LJR. I haven't really done much to it yet, so it'd be basic things to remove. I'd take off the hardtop and put the soft top back on. The LED headlights and fogs would be replaced with the OEM ones. I would also remove the seat covers.

I would take off anything that was easy to remove. Winch, wheels, skid plates, seat covers. I've often flirted with the idea to look for an LJ/LJR and sell my TJ but the thought of starting a build all over again and spending all the time and money over again makes me nauseous. My TJ has been really good to me and is pretty clean with under 100k. I feel like I have an emotional connection to it since I've done all the work to it myself (minus regear) so I'd probably end up having a TJ and an LJR lol