Where can I get a OEM fog light toggle switch?

Fishtaco

TJ Expert
Where can I get one or a copy and how hard is it to fit in one of the 2 blank spaces next to my rear wiper and demister switches.

Cheers

The only issue with the OEM style aftermarket switch is they are not back lit, or at least I have not found any that are. They only have an indicator light that is lit when the switch is on. The true OEM switches also have a back light behind the label portion that illuminates when the other dash lights are on.

As far as fitment, you just remove the bezel, pop out the blank cover, snap in the new switch (and wire up), then replace the bezel.

Reactions: CodaMan
You can make them back lit. You could add a light, but I just modified an early TJ / XJ fog light switch to work with aftermarket OEM style switch rocker.

If you just want a fog light switch, just get a TJ / XJ switch with a pigtail off eBay. Mostly plug-and-play other than wire colors being different with the XJ switch. Not sure I out the TJ switch.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...p-wrangler-unlimited.14995/page-2#post-679608
84D55A21-D59E-46B1-95A1-93464CFDDCFA.jpeg

XJ fog light switch.

IMG_5601.JPG
IMG_5634.JPG
IMG_5670.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBoogieman
When I installed the Rigid LED fog lights on my '01 I had a XJ fog light rocker switch laying around from 21 years of owning a '98 XJ.
As posted above.... you can install the XJ rocker switch and use the pigtail to connect to either an aftermarket harness or one that you build yourself.
Removing the blanks from the switch bezel is easier than it may appear. Use a small flat bladed screwdriver and apply pressure to the inside snap releases and the blank will can be presses out.

When I installed the Rigid LED fog lights on my '01 I had a XJ fog light rocker switch laying around from 21 years of owning a '98 XJ.
As posted above.... you can install the XJ rocker switch and use the pigtail to connect to either an aftermarket harness or one that you build yourself.
Removing the blanks from the switch bezel is easier than it may appear. Use a small flat bladed screwdriver and apply pressure to the inside snap releases and the blank will can be presses out.
XJ fog switch is as hard to get as a TJ fog switch in Australia lol We have a rear fog light like Europe with just the light stalk pull thingy and no rocker switch.

I noticed you drive an '06 which has the new style fog light switch built into the headlight arm of the multi function switch.
You could contact one of the forum members that is parting out a Jeep in the TJ Classifieds and see if they would be willing to ship the item(s) to you; not sure if that would be cost effective.
Do you know anyone visiting the US that could bring one back in their luggage ? (y)

I noticed you drive an '06 which has the new style fog light switch built into the headlight arm of the multi function switch.
You could contact one of the forum members that is parting out a Jeep in the TJ Classifieds and see if they would be willing to ship the item(s) to you; not sure if that would be cost effective.
Do you know anyone visiting the US that could bring one back in their luggage ? (y)
I have a rear fog (European and export) wired to my 06 light stalk pull out thingy that I will never use because we just dont get fog here , I want a OEM style rocker switch when I have my fogs wired up, we have to have fogs or any spots wired to the high beam with a separate independent on off switch. I sort of want to stay stock looking inside and out, not too sure why? but I am even considering paying nearly $200 each plus international shipping for OEM front fogs that were on my 65th in US but not on Export 65ths because of licensing laws !

You can make them back lit. You could add a light, but I just modified an early TJ / XJ fog light switch to work with aftermarket OEM style switch rocker.

If you just want a fog light switch, just get a TJ / XJ switch with a pigtail off eBay. Mostly plug-and-play other than wire colors being different with the XJ switch. Not sure I out the TJ switch.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...p-wrangler-unlimited.14995/page-2#post-679608
View attachment 248650

XJ fog light switch.

View attachment 248661View attachment 248662View attachment 248663
Pearl Jam rocks. (y)

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I have a rear fog (European and export) wired to my 06 light stalk pull out thingy that I will never use because we just dont get fog here , I want a OEM style rocker switch when I have my fogs wired up, we have to have fogs or any spots wired to the high beam with a separate independent on off switch. I sort of want to stay stock looking inside and out, not too sure why? but I am even considering paying nearly $200 each plus international shipping for OEM front fogs that were on my 65th in US but not on Export 65ths because of licensing laws !
Here is another good deal on EBay....
You get the switch and the pigtail.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1847950591...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Thanks people :) I didn't realize the aftermarket TJ rockers didn't illuminate so now I know what to look for and will grab one off ebay USA, The one CharlesHS posted above sold as soon as I looked at it so they must be in demand,

Cheers

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Also, if you buy one of the custom labeled switches and then swap the custom rocker over to a factory housing, you may have to open up the hole in the housing to accept the new rocker. The post on the side of the rocker was just a hair bigger, if I recall correctly.

The only issue with the OEM style aftermarket switch is they are not back lit, or at least I have not found any that are. They only have an indicator light that is lit when the switch is on. The true OEM switches also have a back light behind the label portion that illuminates when the other dash lights are on.

As far as fitment, you just remove the bezel, pop out the blank cover, snap in the new switch (and wire up), then replace the bezel.
I ended up getting the aftermarket one in post#2 sent from the states. I have the jeep trail guide wired into the top of my bezel shelf so may be a bit tricky to get the bezel off?

65 trail guide2.jpg