Where can I purchase taillight square connectors?

q8ieng

TJ Enthusiast
Hello,
Wrangler 2000 4.0 Sport, Automatic.

My tail lights are broken, and the connector is damaged too. I want to replace them with new ones.

Is there a website where I can purchase the same tail light in the photo with Square Connector?

Yes, I looked in Amazon, Ebay, Extreme terrain, Carid and no luck..

Thanks.

s-l1600.jpg

Being as though that is not the taillight that the US market Wranglers came with, you're going to have a much harder time finding it. My suggestion would be to check out http://car-part.com.

@Flivver250 may know of some places to look as well, since he's overseas in Dubai and they seem to have plenty of TJ parts over there.

In fact, I'd almost bet he would have a lead on something like this, or where to look at least.

Being as though that is not the taillight that the US market Wranglers came with, you're going to have a much harder time finding it. My suggestion would be to check out http://car-part.com.

@Flivver250 may know of some places to look as well, since he's overseas in Dubai and they seem to have plenty of TJ parts over there.

In fact, I'd almost bet he would have a lead on something like this, or where to look at least.

Thank you, I would be happy to find it. Yes, it is definitely hard to find one as I discovered that this tail light is for export models only.. :/

Reactions: Chris
The TJ lights here in the UAE have a separate wire for brakes and one for turn signals. The parts stores carry them as do the junkyards. The junkyards in Kuwait used to be in Jahra, now I think they are closer to the Saudi border, out past Arifjan (so I heard). I have been gone from Kuwait for 10 years. If you can't find then at your Jeep/Mopar store or junkyard, let me know and I can pick you up a couple.

Reactions: RussTJ
The only other way to use US lamps is to get a 6 into 4 converter used for trailer wiring and rewire your lights with US spec'd lights. I did that for a buddy's JK.

Or just take your light with you to a parts store or electrical shop like a Radio Shack(here anyways) and show them what you got and ask for male counterpart to it and just switch out plug ends on jeep. Or buy/find at junk yard if you have any around you some plug ends off a junked jeep. Or you can just buy a pair of matching 4 wire connectors (male & female) and swap out both ends on harness and lights and then you have new fresh plugs(and not 20yr old brittle ones) all around and your not searching and waiting to find most likely a used one that is also 20yrs old already.

Sometimes the easiest and most simple solution is sometimes the easiest most simple solution is right in front of you.

The TJ lights here in the UAE have a separate wire for brakes and one for turn signals. The parts stores carry them as do the junkyards. The junkyards in Kuwait used to be in Jahra, now I think they are closer to the Saudi border, out past Arifjan (so I heard). I have been gone from Kuwait for 10 years. If you can't find then at your Jeep/Mopar store or junkyard, let me know and I can pick you up a couple.

Thank you, I finally found them in Salmi closer to the Saudi border.
Grateful.

The only other way to use US lamps is to get a 6 into 4 converter used for trailer wiring and rewire your lights with US spec'd lights. I did that for a buddy's JK.

Is this an adapter can be purchased or?

Or just take your light with you to a parts store or electrical shop like a Radio Shack(here anyways) and show them what you got and ask for male counterpart to it and just switch out plug ends on jeep. Or buy/find at junk yard if you have any around you some plug ends off a junked jeep. Or you can just buy a pair of matching 4 wire connectors (male & female) and swap out both ends on harness and lights and then you have new fresh plugs(and not 20yr old brittle ones) all around and your not searching and waiting to find most likely a used one that is also 20yrs old already.

Sometimes the easiest and most simple solution is sometimes the easiest most simple solution is right in front of you.
You might look at https://www.bmotorsports.com, they seem to have just about everything.

Thank you fellas, I got two new ones now on junkyard here in my country.

How are the junkyards there? They used to be awesome. Pictures would be nice :)

it feels good to see lots of cars and parts hehe. Sadly didn’t take any photos in there, it was flaming hot and I was mostly driving in my car and asking the people in there about the part, and I even found a new antenna connection (I was looking for one, mine was broken) for like $4 CHEAP.

The connector you pictured appears to be a 4 pin weatherpack connector. If you don't want to buy the tools, you can buy one that is pre-assembled.

Reactions: q8ieng