Where did my coolant go?

I treated the interior glass with anti-fog stuff to try and keep the windows clear, but it's depositing a lot of coolant on the windshield - and it's blowing hot air even if the heater is turned off. Interior of the windshield was difficult to see out of with all the moisture on it.
Get a big jacket an bypass the heater core!

Edit: I know I'm a SoCal weenie but I've had the top off and been snowed on in the Jeep more than once.

That won't help with windows fogging and freezing over
You will have to clean off the windshield but once you are driving the engine heat and your heat will keep the windshield clear, the coolant is what is fogging it now in my opinion.

Edit: my other vehicle is a 1960 Falcon, it doesn't even have a heater, I don't do snow much but still, it works

Reactions: CybrSlydr
You will have to clean off the windshield but once you are driving the engine heat and your heat will keep the windshield clear, the coolant is what is fogging it now in my opinion.

Edit: my other vehicle is a 1960 Falcon, it doesn't even have a heater, I don't do snow much but still, it works
As much heat as I put off, it always fogs my windows anyway. LOL

Reactions: pagrey
Had to grab my portable speaker out of the Jeep last night after dark because I forgot to grab it.

Interior windows were just covered. I think this coolant leak from the heater core is worse than I originally thought.

Wanted to give an update for folks.

Took it to a shop and it was supposed to be replaced yesterday and I get it back today. Guy at the shop checked the part and while the number on the box was right, the part inside was not. So he sent it back and had them send the right part this time.

Then he got a call from them and apparently they no longer have any either (2006 Rubicon heater core). So the shop guy called around to some others and literally nobody else had them either.

Thankfully, one of them said Spectra could build one for me - and the price was only like $5 more due to shipping.

Only issue is now they won't have the part until after Christmas. lol

I just can't win with this thing.

So, my pro-tip: IF YOU COME ACROSS A HEATER CORE FOR A 2006 4.0L JEEP, GET IT AS IT'S WORTH IT'S WEIGHT IN GOLD

I called them back and got nothing - so I've still not had it replaced yet. Seems to me like they didn't want to do the job and gave me the run-around on parts and everything - though it does seem that the heater cores are nigh impossible to find at this moment.

I want to say they were talking $800 to get the core replaced because of the amount of book hours to remove the dash.

I went back to Ohio in early March and drove my M3 back, so it'll be my summer driver and the Jeep will sit around until winter or bad weather - eventually I'll get it replaced.

I called them back and got nothing - so I've still not had it replaced yet. Seems to me like they didn't want to do the job and gave me the run-around on parts and everything - though it does seem that the heater cores are nigh impossible to find at this moment.

I want to say they were talking $800 to get the core replaced because of the amount of book hours to remove the dash.

I went back to Ohio in early March and drove my M3 back, so it'll be my summer driver and the Jeep will sit around until winter or bad weather - eventually I'll get it replaced.
Dang, that sucks…. I’m trying to find a post that will help diagnose for sure that mine is going.. I have some missing coolant, have noticed a puddle under my A/c drain tube, and just checked the passenger floorboard/ tub and see it’s a bit wet.. I’d say that’s the case unless something else causes these same issues…

Hope you can get yours fixed by next winter!

Dang, that sucks…. I’m trying to find a post that will help diagnose for sure that mine is going.. I have some missing coolant, have noticed a puddle under my A/c drain tube, and just checked the passenger floorboard/ tub and see it’s a bit wet.. I’d say that’s the case unless something else causes these same issues…

Hope you can get yours fixed by next winter!
That is the exact symptoms mine had with leaking heater core