Which gears should I go with?

there's a jeep graveyard here in Memphis ( http://www.creepersjeepers.com ) and i can get a Dana 44 from them for $1500 just has the wrong gears in it. so all together probably be closer to $2k to re-gear. that doesn't seem terrible to me but i don't have that money lying around right now. plus it seems to em i might be better off just finding a Rubicon to purchase instead. so reggae and super 35 it is.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Its a never ending list of parts. Just ask @Chris
Are you planning on getting lockers at the same time as gears and the super 35 kit?

Reactions: Chris
Its a never ending list of parts. Just ask @Chris
Are you planning on getting lockers at the same time as gears and the super 35 kit?
i wish. i think this is gonna have to be in steps unfortunately. the wife is handling this pretty well, all things considered but i think adding lockers into the mix right now might blow her head clean off. pick my battles and times. i may have to wait on the super 35 also. thats something that isn't nearly as complicated as swapping gears correct?

i wish. i think this is gonna have to be in steps unfortunately. the wife is handling this pretty well, all things considered but i think adding lockers into the mix right now might blow her head clean off. pick my battles and times. i may have to wait on the super 35 also. thats something that isn't nearly as complicated as swapping gears correct?
I haven't done either personally. I sold my dana 30/35 and swapped in a dana 44 f/r from a rubicon with oem lockers. Then paid for my gears to be done. I asked because I believe if you add lockers down the line you will need to get the gears set up again. Somebody more knowledgeable then myself could tell you for sure though.

I haven't done either personally. I sold my dana 30/35 and swapped in a dana 44 f/r from a rubicon with oem lockers. Then paid for my gears to be done. I asked because I believe if you add lockers down the line you will need to get the gears set up again. Somebody more knowledgeable then myself could tell you for sure though.
this wouldn't surprise me but i think that i might do axle swaps much like you did at that point when lockers are in order.

this wouldn't surprise me but i think that i might do axle swaps much like you did at that point when lockers are in order.
In that case also keep your eyes out for a np241 since it will be the next item on your wish list.

If the time comes when your looking for axles make sure you get the pumps also. They can be quite expensive new.