Which washers do I use for the Savvy front lower control arms?

Reactions: Chris
That would be the very rare bird indeed. So rare that I've never seen one and I have personally purchased 50 30 fronts and had them here on the ground at the same time and that doesn't include the hundreds I've messed with. Are you sure it isn't a late model XJ Low Pinion 30 front? They are the only axle that has holes instead of slots on the LP front. XJ 00-01 are low pinion with holes and in fact that is about the only way you can tell them from a TJ LP 30.

I must be wrong. It's been a while since I've had the lowers off. I'll take your word and stand corrected. My flat washers fit snug in the horse shoe, so I must not have noticed as a result.

They are wallowed out from the factory.
No sorry I meant that the jackwagon who installed the original lift before I got it used a smaller bolt then they should have so it was wallowed in all directions so it wasn't a uniform cutout to adjust the position of the bolt anymore. It looked like an oval instead of pill shaped

Reactions: Chris
I must be wrong. It's been a while since I've had the lowers off. I'll take your word and stand corrected. My flat washers fit snug in the horse shoe, so I must not have noticed as a result.
If it has horseshoes, it has slots. The XJ front with just holes has no horseshoes for the eccentric washers to cam against.

I'm installing Core Tier 2's in mine now... fat washers fit perfectly inside the horseshoe on the lower fronts. So much that it took some finagling with a tie down strap to line things up so they would slide in tight but there is no movement once tightened up.

Edit.. Rant: forgot to mention mine didn't come with any paperwork either.. I had to google images of others who installed them. Heck i wasn't even sure what direction some of them needed to be when installing. Stock control arms are straight, these new ones have a slight bend in them. Felt stupid for asking but that just made me irritated enough to email them. They helped and also gave me recommended length adjustments for my 2" lift. Is it that hard to include that in the box on something that costs close to a grand made for a specific model of vehicle?

Last edited:
No sorry I meant that the jackwagon who installed the original lift before I got it used a smaller bolt then they should have so it was wallowed in all directions so it wasn't a uniform cutout to adjust the position of the bolt anymore. It looked like an oval instead of pill shaped
It wasn't the size of the bolt, it was the lack of torque.

This is my first post on any of the wrangler forums. I've been reading through this post because I'm about to change the bushings on my front lower control arms. My question: what is that horseshoe thing do?

Alignment cams for caster.

Did any TJs actually come with cam bolts on the lower arms, or are they just there for an option?

Alignment cams for caster.

Did any TJs actually come with cam bolts on the lower arms, or are they just there for an option?

I feel like I remember reading that some of the early TJ's actually had cam bolts. Maybe it was a 97 only thing?

My 99 already had aftermarket arms when it got to me so I don't know what it had from the factory, but it just had really big washers with centered holes.

"Alignment cams for caster. "

Wouldn't the bolt need to have an eccentric head and washer to be usable to adjust the caster in the slot?

If that is a usable function, why doesn't anyone in the after market make those bolts?

"Alignment cams for caster. "

Wouldn't the bolt need to have an eccentric head and washer to be usable to adjust the caster in the slot?

If that is a usable function, why doesn't anyone in the after market make those bolts?

They're available on amazon.

They just don't offer the extent of adjustment of an adjustable arm.

1585674883679.png