Which years are interchangeable for parts?

KimsJeep

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
I just got my 99 Wrangler and I was looking at hard tops. Just for kicks and giggles. LOL Can't really afford one right now. But, that got me thinking. What years of Wranglers interchange with others? Meaning, can I use a full door on my wrangler if I buy a top that takes a full door? I know the doors come off, but will pretty much any door work?

Edit to add, mine is a half door.

For doors and tops all years fit aside from obviously LJ. There are a few differences and styles such as vents, colors, and materials along with various features such as tinted glass. Early half doors also have an obnoxious gasket style imho.

In general, the split in years is 1997-2002 and 2003-2006.

Ok, thanks guys. I think I want to eventually get a hard top and full doors for winter months. Just got the Jeep and have only driven it once, so can't say how much rain is going to get in while I'm going down the freeway, but I do have to carry towels for the seats while it is just sitting. I found that out the hard way. Took it for a test drive and got back and my but was wet. LOL Luckily it is under a carport at home, but at work, no carport. Don't think they will appreciate me parking under the awning at the grocery store. LOL

The hardtop is a great thing to have during the cold season, that's for sure. I wouldn't give up my hardtop for anything, nor my full doors either.

The hardtop is a great thing to have during the cold season, that's for sure. I wouldn't give up my hardtop for anything, nor my full doors either.

Yup. With the defroster and wiper. You can't really scrape ice off the soft windows.

Yup. With the defroster and wiper. You can't really scrape ice off the soft windows.

Agreed. Not to mention how much warmer it is inside (and quiet) with the hardtop.

I'm planning to put one of those Hot Heads headliners in mine as well. Supposedly they make a big difference.

"Which years are interchangeable for parts?"

To answer your question for other parts besides doors and tops...It all depends on the part!

My buddy has a hardtop and it still leaks with heavy rain, not as much as my softop but I ripped my carpet out and let the drain holes do their job.
With his hardtop and carpet still installed I wouldn't say it's any quieter or warmer than a softop.

Hardtops are a good investment for many reasons and if you have a buddy, they take very little time to take on and off. I got mine used at a junk yard and never regretted the purchase.

Hardtops are a good investment for many reasons and if you have a buddy, they take very little time to take on and off. I got mine used at a junk yard and never regretted the purchase.

Yah, that is kind of what I am looking for, a decent used one for a decent price. I did a search for a 100 miles out from my zip code on Pic N Pull and there is not one Jeep Wrangler to be had. LOL I am thinking that is actually a good thing. :D Just makes it harder to get cheap parts. :D

Thanks for the info guy's.

For doors and tops all years fit aside from obviously LJ. There are a few differences and styles such as vents, colors, and materials along with various features such as tinted glass. Early half doors also have an obnoxious gasket style imho.

In general, the split in years is 1997-2002 and 2003-2006.
Hello, hope you can help? I have a 1993 Jeep Wrangler, I found a 2002 Jeep Wrangler for doors, seats, roll bar, auto trans, gas tank, windshield, i want to buy only if these parts will fit on my 1993?

Will the parts fit?

Hello, hope you can help? I have a 1993 Jeep Wrangler, I found a 2002 Jeep Wrangler for doors, seats, roll bar, auto trans, gas tank, windshield, i want to buy only if these parts will fit on my 1993?

Will the parts fit?
Sometimes this place can be a tough crowd. Your 1993 is called a YJ. This forum is for TJs. There are big differences between YJs and TJs.