Who is getting a desert rated Gladiator?

I guess I forgot, this forum hates any jeep that isn't at least 14 years old. Enjoy.
Not me.
But really, what resemblance does the new "Gladiator" have w/ the real Gladiator?
None.
What resemblance does it have to the Scrambler?
All.
New cars in general just suck. The mfg's have finally figured out that if they can build a car you can't work on. They make more money.

New cars in general just suck. The mfg's have finally figured out that if they can build a car you can't work on. They make more money.
I guess the better question is this; many many years ago, when power steering, power windows, cruise control, and fuel injection started to become standard, did those folks think the same thing? 🤔

Reactions: reddvltj
Oh no he di'int!!!
Im being serious, do people really think that’s the goal behind advancements in automotive technology brought about by big manufactures? Do people think manufactures, engineers, and the leadership got into the automotive business to make consumers/car/Jeep lovers miserable?

Im being serious, do people really think that’s the goal behind advancements in automotive technology brought about by big manufactures? Do people think manufactures, engineers, and the leadership got into the automotive business to make consumers/car/Jeep lovers miserable?
I don't subscribe to that belief one bit, although some people do o_O... Integrated systems talking to each other to create a safer more efficient vehicle is the ultimate goal, and as technology advances so do the systems that are being integrated. Do car manufacturers need to implement all the technological advancements in the vehicles they make? No, but consumers as a whole want all the bells and whistles so that's the direction that must be taken. The limited numbers of consumers that would be happy with 20 year old (or older) tech. are not catered to because it would not be cost effective to manufacture a "bare bones" model from a production line standpoint. Safety regulations is another huge factor in automotive technology.

Edit: I have worked on enough new cars to know it has become a major PItA, but it's all about a learning curve and of course having the diagnostic tools and experience to know what systems are dependent on others. Today's cars can have a code pop up that says (X) is malfunctioning but low and behold (X) when tested operates within it's parameters. Experience allows you to know what other systems (X) relies on to achieve it's proper values. So through process of diagnosis and elimination you find that user (A) continually fails to allow intake heat grid to finish it's cycle and inadvertently causes (X) to be set in the computer. Don't ask me how I know that:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
I guess the better question is this; many many years ago, when power steering, power windows, cruise control, and fuel injection started to become standard, did those folks think the same thing? 🤔
As Henry Ford said, if he’d have asked what people wanted they’d have said a faster horse