Will a PCM from a 2006 work in my 2005?

2005LJU

Trying to troubleshoot my 05 unlimited no crank/no start issue. Believe it may be a bad ECU/computer. Mine is 4.0 Automatic. I can borrow an ECU from a 06 rubicon automatic. Will this work just to see if it will crank/start/run? No plans to drive it like this as I know that the programming is different for the gearing. Just want to see if the problem is with my ECU so I can then work on sourcing one for my LJ.

Try moving the shifter between Park and Neutral while holding the ignition switch in the Start position. What happens?

Try moving the shifter between Park and Neutral while holding the ignition switch in the Start position. What happens?
I've done all that. have also checked all grounds and connections, inspected wiring harnesses , tested /fuses/relays and have pinned out the 5v power on the 32pin connectors. I believe that I have power to the ECU. I'm also showing "not able to connect" with my OBD2 scanner at the OBD2 port. Swapping the ECU out of my brother in laws Rubicon is my last step before I go further. Just need to know if this is a viable option because I have to make a drive to pick it up. Thank you.

I've done all that. have also checked all grounds and connections, inspected wiring harnesses , tested /fuses/relays and have pinned out the 5v power on the 32pin connectors. I believe that I have power to the ECU. I'm also showing "not able to connect" with my OBD2 scanner at the OBD2 port. Swapping the ECU out of my brother in laws Rubicon is my last step before I go further. Just need to know if this is a viable option because I have to make a drive to pick it up. Thank you.
If your BIL's Rubicon has an automatic and is a 2005 or 2006 it should work.

Jerry is awesome as usual.

@Wranglerfix would be good to hear from if you have an issues, his 4th grade science fair project was a PCM rebuild. Other kids parents got his business card.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Does your or your BiL’s Jeep have the SKIM enabled. Your keys would be grey color if there is SKIM on the vehicle.
Good question..I'll ask. As for mine, I don't see SKIM on the build sheet and I have black keys. Does that mean that I don't have SKIM?

IF you have the black keys then you do not have SKIM; the SKIM keys with a chip inside are grey....
The TCM in your ECU may be causing your problem....
The TCMs have been known to be problematic on the 05/06 models.