Winch and other electrical issues

tampajason

Hey guys, new to the forum.
Sorry that my first post is for some help.

2005 Rubicon. Warn winch has not been functioning. Changed all selenoids on the winch and it powered up. Then *zap* lost all power. No blown fuses that I can see. I get 12v from battery to the starter and The alternator; no problems there. I have no power to anything in the cab. No ignition, no headlights, no accessory.
I have CB radio hard wired to battery and when I unplug everything but that, it works. Then, after removing winch cables and plugging up just the ground and positive for the Jeep with no other goodies like CB or audio system, I got power. When attempting to start *zap* and I lose power again.

Now, nothing comes on. At a loss here now, guys

Sounds like a bad connection. Remove & clean your battery cables at the battery. Also inspect G105 at the passenger side engine block.

Sounds like a bad connection. Remove & clean your battery cables at the battery. Also inspect G105 at the passenger side engine block.

Happened right in front of me while attempting to activate the winch. Heard a pop. All terminals are new. Not a ground issue. Any other ideas? Was thinking the fusible link, but using a meter I still have 12v from battery to both alternator and starter.

Remove the lid to your PDC and inspect the two stud connections coming from the battery.

72039612_10212798454435146_4757486676224245760_n.jpg