Winch Mount and In Dash Wiring

techjeeper

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
This is our little Jeep TJ “The Pickle”, my kids and I have been working on it and one of our next big projects is adding this winch. It was taken off my dad’s jeep in favor of a Ramsey Patriot 9500 and has been sitting 5-6 years. It was a free winch so figured we should give it a home on the front of our little TJ. We started sort of mocking it up the other day. I think we are going to build a winch plate rather than buy.

IMG_1919.jpeg

The one in Sweeney, TX is 600 miles away. I’ve seen a couple closer ones but I enjoy a good fab project as long as it doesn’t tie up a vehicle too much. Building a bumper, skid, winch mount, etc all can be done with the vehicle on the road still. Suspension, roll cages, more deep dive things that tend to drag on I try to stay away from
nowadays. We made all of this work and look right together with the old Tomken bumper, a new filler piece/fog light mount, and plastic sway bar cover.

I have another bumper in the works that would be a better clearance, better looking, winch mount included, CNC plasma cut, bent and weld bumper but it’s only in the CAD stages right now so I’m not fully ready for it yet.

Nice wheels by the way !!

Thank you! I’ve had several TJs over the last 22 years or so. I am really liking this being very stock. It’s been a fun build/restoration type project.

IMG_1911.jpeg

Roger. Homemade is better than the Chinese version anyway. Good for you, JK bumper looks husky and well made.

You will make Jerry happy with "made in the USA" D

Roger. Homemade is better than the Chinese version anyway. Good for you, JK bumper looks husky and well made.

You will make Jerry happy with "made in the USA" D

No Chinese steel components definitely is a priority.