Winch solenoid mounting question

Ya, not like we need two spark plugs right?
It was surprising to me that an aircraft engine's rpms drop slightly when each one of the two magnetos that drive the pair of spark plugs for each cylinder are shut off individually during the preflight checklist. I would have thought the engine should have run just as well on just one magneto alone as both but none I used to fly did.

Do you plan to do that for your starter motor too? Electrically a winch motor and starter motor are essentially the same thing and both are wired directly to the battery. If not why not?
LOL, Really? Now you are just being obtuse, starter motor also has a solenoid. unless your starter runs all of the time???

Your winch has 2-4 solenoids that also disconnect it from the battery. .
starter motor is protected from all sides by body and frame. Except the bottom, any impacts there are my fault.
the winch sits on the bumper with almost no protection, that any Moron in a parking lot can back into and damage.

also personal preference, I didn't design and install the starter.

This is not an airplane that needs a master contactor or an MCC, if you get into a wreck bad enough to short out the winch power cables, the wires would just melt long before the battery blows up.
you build your jeep your way, and I will build mine, the way I want :D

Personal preference trumps my opinion. I just don't like adding another potential point of failure, that extra solenoid, on something as critical to me as the winch.
I don't expect to use it as much as my starter... :unsure:

I am looking at the firewall as a possible mounting location for my winch isolater solenoid.
I noticed 2 divots above the AC lines, and wondered if anybody knew the clearance behind them?
as I want to install 2 riv nuts.

View attachment 100890

this is what I am trying to install in that location

View attachment 100891
I was looking at this location in my '06 for the same purpose. The wiring loom and vacuum lines are routed differently and make this a bit more difficult. But now that I've seen this picture, I'll take another look and see if I can reroute them.

I am looking at the firewall as a possible mounting location for my winch isolater solenoid.
I noticed 2 divots above the AC lines, and wondered if anybody knew the clearance behind them?
as I want to install 2 riv nuts.

View attachment 100890

this is what I am trying to install in that location

View attachment 100891
I JUST DID THIS, I used the warn kit,(Amazon) 70.00 I mounted it to the outside circuit box.and used a tj style switch to turn it on

image.jpg

image.jpg