Windbreaker between front and rear seats

gg1

TJ Enthusiast
I am looking for something that would just cut the wind down a bit. Everything seems so excessive, but this one from Summit isn't too crazy. Would prefer something quick and easy. Some wind can come in, not big deal, just cut it down a bit is all. Is there something fast and easy to just put up quick now and again or is the one the simplest? Thanks.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/smt-90015/make/jeep/model/wrangler

You can get a spidershade or something similar and mount it behind the front seats instead of above them. Or get a longer one and do above and then wrap it down behind. They stop most of the wind buffeting while still letting in air. And they are super for sun.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I bought this one. I love it.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/zip-down-windstopper-80-06-jeep-cj-wrangler-yj-tj

When I have the door uppers on and the top closed (back is all open), it barely lets any wind in. It's there, but it's not bad. I can easily drive with no hat on and my hair stays in control. With uppers off and top closed I do need a hat, but that is from the wind coming in through the doors. I like that it cuts the back pressure wind down. In fact I can feel it doing it's job sometimes when I am at freeways speeds. It will push against the back of the seat. LOL

Only thing I don't care for, but it is livable, LOL, is the blind spot it creates when trying to turn your head and actually look out the rear side window. You have to train yourself to look through the small opening between the roll bar and the wind breaker.

This ones window unzips to allow you to reach through if needed or allow more wind in if wanted, but the overall thing does make it harder to access the back in general. I am thinking of removing it for winter, just so I can easily get to the back when I want take my dog with me or whatever. It will definitely go back in when spring gets here though. :D

That is the beauty of the spidershade. No blind spot. You can see through the whole back still. And it blocked all the buffeting from coming in too. With full doors there is a nice breeze, but no wind. Bonnie hat stays on easily. Half doors act the same as you describe too. Plus, if for some reason you want the back open again, just a few seconds and it clips up to the top rails to shade the back seat.

I just fold my Windjammer in half when the top is up so I can access stuff in the back if needed, but still be able to stow stuff between the jammer and back of front seats. I use bungee balls to keep it up on the B piller. Between that and the pressure against the seats it acts like a bulkhead of sorts.

That is the beauty of the spidershade. No blind spot. You can see through the whole back still. And it blocked all the buffeting from coming in too. With full doors there is a nice breeze, but no wind. Bonnie hat stays on easily. Half doors act the same as you describe too. Plus, if for some reason you want the back open again, just a few seconds and it clips up to the top rails to shade the back seat.

I read about using the Spyder Shade as a wind block. I do have the Alien shade, which is pretty much the same, LOL, but I was just to afraid that it would let too much wind through. I guess I should have tried it first, but I went with the jammer instead. :D