Wipers & washer not working

Robb

My daughter told me the wipers and windshield washer are no longer working in her 97 TJ.
I put the key in the ign and turned to ACC and tried and could not hear the wiper motor run/try to run. My very uneducated guess is since both the wipers and squirters arnt working the problem should be the switch. The fuse behind the glove box was fine. I am absolutely no good with electrical so I can't diagnose a thing.
What do you guys think, pull the switch and replace it or is there something else I should try that didn't come up in my search?
Any help is appreciated.

If the fuse is good and the wipers and the washer pump don't run it does sound like it's your switch.

It could be something like corrosion on wiring plugs or wires chewed up by mice but the switch is probably the answer.

My daughter told me the wipers and windshield washer are no longer working in her 97 TJ.
I put the key in the ign and turned to ACC and tried and could not hear the wiper motor run/try to run. My very uneducated guess is since both the wipers and squirters arnt working the problem should be the switch. The fuse behind the glove box was fine. I am absolutely no good with electrical so I can't diagnose a thing.
What do you guys think, pull the switch and replace it or is there something else I should try that didn't come up in my search?
Any help is appreciated.

I took a look at the wiring diagram for your daughter's Jeep, looks like the motor and pump have separate ground locations so I would look to the switch as well. Unplug it, look at the connector for any signs of corrosion, then look into the switch. I'm not sure if you can pop those apart or not but it might be worth a try. Sometimes the copper internals get all corroded and gross but you might be able to get it apart and clean it up. Or just fix it with your wallet and get a new one.

The motor for the wipers is probably bad. I have a 97 and had to replace mine back in like 2012. It’s under the cowl cover and easy to get to. I think I got the replacement from autozone and it’s been fine since.
I think the sprayer motor is part of the fluid reservoir and you have to replace the whole reservoir if I remember correctly. I got that from Rockauto.

Well, it wasn't the switch. I got it replaced and it made no difference at all. I have to guess something electrical at this point since both the wipers and squirters are not working.

It's also a 23 year old Jeep at this point. If you can get the wiper motor at Autozone, try changing that. If it doesn't fix it take it back and return it. I have a 97 and both of mine have gone out. You're assuming they went out at the same time for the same reason, but maybe your daughter just didn't notice they went out at different times. Mine both failed but at different times.