Wrangler TJ storage project

It's been busy around here and will be for awhile yet but I got my gun rack done working on it in between all the other projects I have going on. The goal was to have the shotguns out of sight and out of the way as much as possible. We belong to a Pheasant club and use the Jeep to hunt around the thousands of acres we have access to. Some days we go to the club just for the day instead of camping there for the weekend since its only 26 miles away. On those one day runs we like to stop at a Marina for lunch and a cocktail on the way home. With the guns locked up and out of sight, I'll feel better about stopping on the way home. The next phase will to build some type of a compartmental system to house the dog kennel and cubbies for ammo, ice chest and boots, hunting jackets, something similar others have done for camping gear. Here's the gun rack I made out of scrap Alum. I had in my scrap metel pile. It's hinged to swing down, it clamps to the roll ball with a simple clamping system, it takes like a minute and a half to install or remove. It's positioned behind the headrest and is high enough when closed I can still see out the rear view mirror. With the dark tinted windows, you'd never know there were guns locked up inside above. I very happy with how secure and solid it holds in place,,,

gun rack 1.jpg

gun rack 2.jpg

gun rack 3.jpg

gun rack 4.jpg

gun rack 5.jpg

BB, don’t know if you saw my take on long gun storage with the aluminum plate/shelf that I made to go over my windshield. I can fit my 1894 Marlin and marlin pump shotgun up there. I put each in a gun sock to protect them. I like your storage idea.

515FCEAF-1B66-4774-995C-3DC66F5183EB.jpeg

ADBD057A-1866-497D-BE50-6E1423707EA2.jpeg

Reactions: Ante_Up and Kiwi TJ
That’s so neat! And can be used for so much more. I find storage for recovery gear and other things in my tj a big problem. I have kids so I need my back seat as well. I think if you put some shocks on it like the rear lift gate would be a cool feature as well. Well made and looks solid (y)