WranglerFix PCM for 2006 Unlimited 4.0 engine

I’m going on 5 years with @Wranglerfix ’s PCM. I too was having 1st to 2nd hard shifts with my OEM PCM. Haven’t had one since. Just 2 or 3 months ago I sent it back to him to get the updated tune and it’s working great.

• Love
Reactions: Wranglerfix
I am installing a wranglerfix PCM in my 2006 LJ to see if it will fix the shifting problems. Is there a learning curve for the PCM to dial in the shift points for the automatic trans?

Just drive it like you stole it. If you would prefer different shift points, consider the WranglerFix "performance tune." That addition delays the shift into OD and made my LJ drive as it should have from the factory.

I installed a wranglerfix in mine and also had issues with the shifting. I started pulling the harness out of curiosity and found wires had been pinned in the past and they had been left to the open air and moisture. I pulled the whole harness out, laid it out on the garage floor and spent a few days going into detail and repairing the whole harness.
After that I still had a shifting issues and pulled the transmission and replaced the internal shift solenoids. Naturally since it was apart I got a hold of Sonex and ordered every goodie I could find and some new clutches and it's been a rock star ever since.
Until last week it started acting funny, tossed random codes and started getting jumpy. Ended up being a bad battery. Replaced that and all is good again.
Good luck with yours.

Reactions: AndyG