Yukon Brand

@Jerry Bransford or @mrblaine will know for sure, but I believe they were made in the USA at some point (they may well still be, but I am not certain).

From what I understand they are quality gears though. With gears it's rarely ever the gears that are the issue, it's usually the install.

I can't speak to the quality of Yukon axle shafts but I can tell you with certainty that they are not going to be as good as Revolution axle shafts, hands down.

Thanks Chris I wouldn't think so.The reason being is the 4x4 shop couldn't get Revolution from their vendors. They use Yukon for a lot of regears and ARB lockers. Still shopping around.

Thanks Chris I wouldn't think so.The reason being is the 4x4 shop couldn't get Revolution from their vendors. They use Yukon for a lot of regears and ARB lockers. Still shopping around.

Personally I think you'd be fine with Yukon gears. I would just insist on the Revolution axle shafts if it was me!

@Jerry Bransford or @mrblaine will know for sure, but I believe they were made in the USA at some point (they may well still be, but I am not certain).

From what I understand they are quality gears though. With gears it's rarely ever the gears that are the issue, it's usually the install.

I can't speak to the quality of Yukon axle shafts but I can tell you with certainty that they are not going to be as good as Revolution axle shafts, hands down.

With two exceptions off the top of my head, Revolution and Dana, all gear vendors sell what ever they happen to get in the boxes on a daily basis. It is quite common to open the standard and premium boxes from Yukon and find the exact same gear set in each. Same thing happens at most of them. Revolution only boxes Circle K gears from Korea which are premium high quality stuff and of course Dana does Dana.

Reactions: Chris
With two exceptions off the top of my head, Revolution and Dana, all gear vendors sell what ever they happen to get in the boxes on a daily basis. It is quite common to open the standard and premium boxes from Yukon and find the exact same gear set in each. Same thing happens at most of them. Revolution only boxes Circle K gears from Korea which are premium high quality stuff and of course Dana does Dana.

Where are Yukons made? South Korea or somewhere else? A lot of people online are saying they're made in the USA.

Thanks so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I was quoted $2000 with 4.56s, master overhaul kit and labor and tax with Yukon gears. I thought that was high but I have nothing to compare it to. If I supply the parts they charge $475 per axle plus tax. I could get Revolution Dana 30 and Dana 35 Super kits and gears and master overhaul kits plus their labor and that's a little over $2500 plus tax. No lockers though. This is all down the road upgrades but I like to be prepared.

I was quoted $2000 with 4.56s, master overhaul kit and labor and tax with Yukon gears. I thought that was high but I have nothing to compare it to. If I supply the parts they charge $475 per axle plus tax. I could get Revolution Dana 30 and Dana 35 Super kits and gears and master overhaul kits plus their labor and that's a little over $2500 plus tax. No lockers though. This is all down the road upgrades but I like to be prepared.

You're being ripped off big time. I paid $550 for my Revolution 4.88 gears front and rear with master installs kits from @Garza

Installation was $600, so once it was all said and done I spent $1150 total.

Reactions: Kevin E
Where are Yukons made? South Korea or somewhere else? A lot of people online are saying they're made in the USA.
Depends on what's in the box that day. Gears for the most part are a commodity. That means if they run out of HP 4.88's for a XJ Dana 30 and the container is still on the water, they call up another vendor and have several sets shipped in to tide them over. They would rather sell anything than go on back order so to say they are made in the US is a bit of a stretch. Not to mention that there are very few gear cutters left in the US so even more of a stretch and you can bet your life that if they were made in the US, it would be plastered all over the website.

Reactions: Kevin E
You're being ripped off big time. I paid $550 for my Revolution 4.88 gears front and rear with master installs kits from @Garza

Installation was $600, so once it was all said and done I spent $1150 total.
That's about what my gears and overhaul kits are. I guess the labor is too high at $475 per axle? I was also including Super kits from Revolution for the Dana 30 and Dana 35. If I just got the Revolution gears/master overhaul kits installed and I supplied them it would be $1420.
Thanks for keeping it real.

Depends on what's in the box that day. Gears for the most part are a commodity. That means if they run out of HP 4.88's for a XJ Dana 30 and the container is still on the water, they call up another vendor and have several sets shipped in to tide them over. They would rather sell anything than go on back order so to say they are made in the US is a bit of a stretch. Not to mention that there are very few gear cutters left in the US so even more of a stretch and you can bet your life that if they were made in the US, it would be plastered all over the website.

So in essence, if you ordered Yukon gears (or some other brand) you are basically just getting any set of gears Yukon had in stock at the time, but at any given time they could be two completely different sets of gears manufactures in two totally different places?

That's bullshit... I didn't know that, but now that I do I'm really friggin' glad I bought Revolution gears.

That's about what my gears and overhaul kits are. I guess the labor is too high at $475 per axle? I was also including Super kits from Revolution for the Dana 30 and Dana 35. If I just got the Revolution gears/master overhaul kits installed and I supplied them it would be $1420.
Thanks for keeping it real.

$475 per axle is quite high. The guy who did my gears charged me $300 per axle. Granted he does it out of his shop on his property (so no overhead), but he's a gear veteran so he knows his shit. Still, look around because I'll bet you can get them installed for $300 per axle, or close to that at least. Steer away from big shops and ask around your local Jeep clubs. Often times they'll point you in the direction of guys who do gears for good prices. That's how I found my guy, I asked my local Jeep club and had at least 20 people all give me the same guys contact info so I knew he must be good.

This is the kit you need for your gears:
https://www.4lowparts.com/shop/axles-and-gears/complete-gear-package-jeep-tjlj-non-rubicon-models/

$599 and that comes with ring and pinions for BOTH axles, as well as master install kits for BOTH axles.

I can do f/r ring and pinions with master kits for less shipped. Just sayin'. Yes Revolution.

Front Axles here and here for rear

Dana gears here and master kits here.

Allen

P.S. Out of here for the day. I have a Reiki client coming in for a session. Namaste!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris