Zamboni Guts

VirtualRussel

TJ Enthusiast
In case you kids were interested in the guts of a Zamboni. I'm on the board of directors for my local rink and subsequent figure skating club (because after a wife and two daughters I don't have enough to argue about with a bunch of women). I don't go to the back area often but today I did and thought I'd snap a few pics. Tomorrow I have to be back there again and I'll see if I can snag one of all of the hydraulics that go into one as well.

Yes, this is a V8 for a vehicle that never goes more than a couple of miles per hour and is powered by LPG . . .

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

Reactions: UpperMI
In case you kids were interested in the guts of a Zamboni. I'm on the board of directors for my local rink and subsequent figure skating club (because after a wife and two daughters I don't have enough to argue about with a bunch of women). I don't go to the back area often but today I did and thought I'd snap a few pics. Tomorrow I have to be back there again and I'll see if I can snag one of all of the hydraulics that go into one as well.

Yes, this is a V8 for a vehicle that never goes more than a couple of miles per hour and is powered by LPG . . .

View attachment 15503
View attachment 15504

Have you thought about lifting it and putting 35's under it?

Wow...I'm actually surprised its a 350. Must be it takes a bunch of power to heat the water and cut the ice. The rink I skate at uses Olympia machines too...

And here I am thinking the only place I'd see a Zamboni driver wearing a cowboy hat was Nashville.

LOL! We're having our annual ice show and this year's theme is a "Hoedown Throwdown" featuring country music from the 60s through today. The best part is when I usually announce these I have to hide my accent and go with "radio announcer voice." This time I get to let my Southern twang run strong.

I poked my head under all three of ours and they're all supporting the GM V8s. Now I just have to figure out what the gear ratio is in one of these things. The rink manager will let me drive one if I let him drive my CJ. I told him only if we get to get the CJ out on one of our rinks. If I can pull this off I'll be posting pictures for sure!

Reactions: UpperMI and FF_Jeep