What are the benefits of manual locking hubs?

6.7 powerstroke. tuned and deleted now but was fine stock, just much better now!

I hardly saw any 6.7 motorhomes when I was looking, most are Triton V-10s. We ended up with a Sprinter but for triple towing it would be my 2002 7.3.

I hardly saw any 6.7 motorhomes when I was looking, most are Triton V-10s. We ended up with a Sprinter but for triple towing it would be my 2002 7.3.
Mine is a thor 33sw there werent a lot of them around in 2016 when I bought it. I drove to st louis looked at one. Then flew to tx to buy one but got the run around from a very poor decision making dealer, so flew from there to calif and bought mine. But thor has them still being made.

My boat is a 20 foot loaded bass boat on a dual axle trailer. The tj axle shafts are tiny, if one breaks it will exit the vehicle. Ive seen people triple tow with a xj so maybe Im just over thinking it with a little buyers remorse about my tj buy. haha. I currently triple tow with a 2015 cherokee trail hawk. My rv is a diesel. Im guessing you cant post pics on here w out a host like photo bucket back in the day but unsure. I havent been on a forum in years.

The axle shaft only leaves if it has a rear Dana 35 which is a c-clip axle. The fronts stay put. We won't discuss the retention abilities of rear disc brakes because depending on them to do that is a fool's errand.

yes I do, they both have crappy junk axles. Im guessing you didnt understand what I said.
I would be no more worried about the Dana 35 than the unit bearings on the Trailhawk. Lots of folks tow boats that size with S10s and Dakotas and they have the same size wheel bearings.

Im used to looking at this rear axle.

Pic no work.

The axle shaft only leaves if it has a rear Dana 35 which is a c-clip axle. The fronts stay put. We won't discuss the retention abilities of rear disc brakes because depending on them to do that is a fool's errand.

Well my tj has a c clip and drum brakes....

I would be no more worried about the Dana 35 than the unit bearings on the Trailhawk. Lots of folks tow boats that size with S10s and Dakotas and they have the same size wheel bearings.

Pic no work.

Dana 70ish size rear axle on a buggy with at least 40" sticky tires. The ultimate apples and pomegranate comparison.

1686517183294.png

Dana 70ish size rear axle on a buggy with at least 40" sticky tires. The ultimate apples and pomegranate comparison.

View attachment 431734

Seems like your wanting to insert yourself here but really have nothing to offer, maybe go back and READ my posts above more slowly. I clearly stated maybe Im over think the tj crappy axle as Ive seen people triple tow with xj....

Oh well, in that case, take a picture of the rear axle under that motorhome and it will make the buggy axle seem small and puny.

Actually no the buggy axle shafts are much stronger and the wheel doesnt fall off the rv or the buggy if you break a axle shaft......

Seems like your wanting to insert yourself here but really have nothing to offer, maybe go back and READ my posts above more slowly. I clearly stated maybe Im over think the tj crappy axle as Ive seen people triple tow with xj....

There is an ignore function. If you want to continue to be silly with out of whack axle comparisons, then use it. Your TJ has axles appropriate for what it was built to do. Comparing that to something built to do something entirely different is just being silly.

Reactions: Zorba
There is an ignore function. If you want to continue to be silly with out of whack axle comparisons, then use it. Your TJ has axles appropriate for what it was built to do. Comparing that to something built to do something entirely different is just being silly.

You should heed your own advice and use ignore and move on as its clear youve got nothing to add here at all. In the first ten minutes I managed to find a forum troll...

As for my posts I was having a conversation with someone else who asked about triple towing, above.

• Face Palm
Reactions: psrivats
You should heed your own advice and use ignore and move on as its clear youve got nothing to add here at all. In the first ten minutes I managed to find a forum troll...

As for my posts I was having a conversation with someone else who asked about triple towing, above.

Do you have any inkling of who you are talking to?

That, and learn to post coherently before calling other people names.