What are the benefits of manual locking hubs?

Actually no the buggy axle shafts are much stronger and the wheel doesnt fall off the rv or the buggy if you break a axle shaft......

Why are you so worried about a broken shaft? Most likely failure mode would be the wheel bearing and unless you drive it until the thing catches fire the shaft is going nowhere.

You should heed your own advice and use ignore and move on as its clear youve got nothing to add here at all. In the first ten minutes I managed to find a forum troll...

As for my posts I was having a conversation with someone else who asked about triple towing, above.

If the conversation was about triple towing, then how did we get on the subject of your axle falling out when you break it?

10-4. Looks like $1181 now for the yukon kit on amazon. With no joints.

I have dealt with at least a hundred of them. We have yet to get one with no joints. I know of others who have and when they call Yukon, the answer is they aren't included so you aren't missing any parts. They manage to fuck up everything else, missing joints for us isn't one of them.

Why are you so worried about a broken shaft? Most likely failure mode would be the wheel bearing and unless you drive it until the thing catches fire the shaft is going nowhere.

It would be a pretty big wreck towing triples....

Im not all that worried about it.

I mentioned it in conversation about towing triples. I said right there, that maybe Im over thinking it.

I bought this little tj for this sole purpose via a auction on a whim Friday and am re thinking it like I already said.

If the conversation was about triple towing, then how did we get on the subject of your axle falling out when you break it?

I know you cant seem to follow along, maybe you can find a kid about 3rd grade who can read you the post you replied to originally above real slowly where youve inserted yourself for zero reason with nothing of value to add.

• Face Palm
Reactions: psrivats
I have dealt with at least a hundred of them. We have yet to get one with no joints. I know of others who have and when they call Yukon, the answer is they aren't included so you aren't missing any parts. They manage to fuck up everything else, missing joints for us isn't one of them.

You have not got a kit with no joints from yukon, but they are not included.. I guess at least you added to your post count with that.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078UA000/?tag=wranglerorg-20

It would be a pretty big wreck towing triples....

Im not all that worried about it.

I mentioned it in conversation about towing triples. I said right there, that maybe Im over thinking it.

I bought this little tj for this sole purpose via a auction on a whim Friday and am re thinking it like I already said.

You are overthinking it. Look at the tow capacity specs of the Trailhawk you are using now versus an XJ. The TJ basically uses the same axles as the XJ but the major reason it has a lower towing capacity is the shorter wheelbase not axle strength.

You are overthinking it. Look at the tow capacity specs of the Trailhawk you are using now versus an XJ. The TJ basically uses the same axles as the XJ but the major reason it has a lower towing capacity is the shorter wheelbase not axle strength.

Right. Hawk is 5k its been working fine for 5 years many many trips to Texas from Iowa. I havent looked at the tj capacity or a xj for that matter.

You have not got a kit with no joints from yukon, but they are not included.. I guess at least you added to your post count with that.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078UA000/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Just for you sweetheart. I went out and took pics of the ones we are currently working with and on.
1686529332054.png

DSC01440.JPG

DSC01441.JPG

DSC01444.JPG

DSC01446.JPG

DSC01447.JPG

DSC01449.JPG

DSC01451.JPG

1686529332054.png

Some of those are all the stupid wheel studs we have to stock now since Yukon has 0 quality control. In your haste to be a dick, you missed the part where I've dealt with a least a 100 of their kits setting them up for myself and customers to work with various big brake kits and what not. So again, I have heard reports of missing u-joints, in the 100ish we've done, they have always been included. That is one of the few things they have not fucked up yet.

I know you cant seem to follow along, maybe you can find a kid about 3rd grade who can read you the post you replied to originally above real slowly where youve inserted yourself for zero reason with nothing of value to add.

Yeah thats why his post confused me. I thought maybe I was missing out on something. I just got the tj yesterday and was thinking of using it behind my rv. But I am doubting that now as I tow triples and tow my boat behind the cherokee trailhawk. Which has unit bearings etc. Not as weak of axles as the tj. I havent ever looked at a tj prior to picking up this one I bought on a whim.

My boat is a 20 foot loaded bass boat on a dual axle trailer. The tj axle shafts are tiny, if one breaks it will exit the vehicle. Ive seen people triple tow with a xj so maybe Im just over thinking it with a little buyers remorse about my tj buy. haha. I currently triple tow with a 2015 cherokee trail hawk. My rv is a diesel. Im guessing you cant post pics on here w out a host like photo bucket back in the day but unsure. I havent been on a forum in years.

Like I clearly stated the axles seem small and pewny.

I follow along just fine, there's your posts since you seem to have forgotten there are at least two different conversations going on.

Just for you sweetheart. I went out and took pics of the ones we are currently working with and on.
View attachment 431785

View attachment 431778

View attachment 431779

View attachment 431780

View attachment 431781

View attachment 431782

View attachment 431783

View attachment 431784

View attachment 431785

Some of those are all the stupid wheel studs we have to stock now since Yukon has 0 quality control. In your haste to be a dick, you missed the part where I've dealt with a least a 100 of their kits setting them up for myself and customers to work with various big brake kits and what not. So again, I have heard reports of missing u-joints, in the 100ish we've done, they have always been included. That is one of the few things they have not fucked up yet.

I dont care what your working on.

I dont care if you've dealt with 1000 kits, you've still added absolutely nothing here.

"You have not got a kit with no joints from yukon, but they are not included.. I guess at least you added to your post count with that."

You aren't even making sense in your haste to up your worthless post count and clearly can't follow along here.

I posted a link to the kit. Your posting pics of 5 on 5.5 kits is irrelevant as I have 27 spline 5 on 4.5 and the kit doesn't seem to have the joints included not that it matters since I was just replying to someone else thanking him for his information.

• Face Palm
Reactions: psrivats
I dont care what your working on.

I dont care if you've dealt with 1000 kits, you've still added absolutely nothing here.

"You have not got a kit with no joints from yukon, but they are not included.. I guess at least you added to your post count with that."

You aren't even making sense in your haste to up your worthless post count and clearly can't follow along here.

I posted a link to the kit. Your posting pics of 5 on 5.5 kits is irrelevant as I have 27 spline 5 on 4.5 and the kit doesn't seem to have the joints included not that it matters since I was just replying to someone else thanking him for his information.

Silly boy, the one under the bench is the 5 on 4.5" 27 spline version. And I posted pics for you of the u-joints that come in the hub conversion kits from Yukon.
Here is the one under the bench.
1686530537960.png

Oh, hey lookie there, it has u-joints included.
1686530647535.png

I'd have a lot fewer posts if I didn't have to keep repeating the same thing over and over to folks before it finally sinks in.

Silly boy, the one under the bench is the 5 on 4.5" 27 spline version. And I posted pics for you of the u-joints that come in the hub conversion kits from Yukon.
Here is the one under the bench.
View attachment 431803
Oh, hey lookie there, it has u-joints included.
View attachment 431804
I'd have a lot fewer posts if I didn't have to keep repeating the same thing over and over to folks before it finally sinks in.

"You have not got a kit with no joints from yukon, but they are not included is what people get told when they call and have not got joints". Makes perfect sense.

The sky is blue today.

The sky is blue today.
I'm guessing that the reason my good buddy David who wheeled with us many years out in JV was not as slow on the uptake is he wasn't originally from Iowa.

Let me see if I can type just a tiny bit slower for you.

Yukon has shit for quality control. They regularly leave out parts, they put the wrong parts in the box, they make parts incorrectly, and when it comes time to take care of the customer, they don't. The holes for the lug studs are regularly .030 interference fit, with Yukon's answer being to just get a bigger hammer. They send out hubs that have 30 thou run-out at the edge of the flange. They send out studs missing the shoulders that register in the rotors.
DSC_5244.JPG

So, when you call to ask about the missing u-joints that have been in practically every other kit, Yukon says they are not included. It is their nicest way of saying fuck off.

Reactions: Zorba
I'm guessing that the reason my good buddy David who wheeled with us many years out in JV was not as slow on the uptake is he wasn't originally from Iowa.

Let me see if I can type just a tiny bit slower for you.

Yukon has shit for quality control. They regularly leave out parts, they put the wrong parts in the box, they make parts incorrectly, and when it comes time to take care of the customer, they don't. The holes for the lug studs are regularly .030 interference fit, with Yukon's answer being to just get a bigger hammer. They send out hubs that have 30 thou run-out at the edge of the flange. They send out studs missing the shoulders that register in the rotors.
View attachment 431806
So, when you call to ask about the missing u-joints that have been in practically every other kit, Yukon says they are not included. It is their nicest way of saying fuck off.

Last word.

• Face Palm
  • Sad
Reactions: MikeE024 and Zorba