04 TJR “While I'm at it” Mid-Arm Build

TjSteve0305

Supporting Member
I bought this 04 Rubicon a few months ago. It took awhile to find the right one but I finally found it! I plan on keeping this thing till the grave so I have been planning a “do it right the first time” build.

This is my second Tj I have owned. I built my first with a savvy short arm and 33’s. It was a great rig but I did find its limitations. It definitely made planning this build much easier.

I have been saving my pennies and buying parts. I’m pretty sure I have just about everything I need for now.

Current parts pile:
Savvy Mid-arm kit
Poly performance shock towers
Rokman rear coil correction plates
Savvy/Fox TJF4’s in the front
Savvy/Fox 12” RR’s in the rear
Savvy/Fox Steering Damper
Savvy 1.25” Body lift
Currie 1” MML
Currie Acos front spacers
Currie Currectlync steering
East Coast Gear Chromos F&R
Black Magic Brakes caliper swap kit
35/12.5/15 KM3’s on Pro-comp steels
Tom Woods rear drive shaft
Barnes 4wd skid
Barnes 4wd fuel tank skid
Barnes 4wd steering box skid
Smittybilt SRC stinger front bumper
Smittybilt Classic rear bumper
Smittybilt X20 10k synthetic winch
Metalcloak 4” overline kit
Spicer ball joints
NSK front hubs
Akebono Pads & Rotors
Mopar park brake shoe
Russel stainless brake lines
Mopar radiator
OE water pump, belts, t-stat, & hoses

I probably won’t start on it for a few weeks. I’m definitely looking forward to getting this build started!

94B4BB98-340A-450E-933D-E588F99E9189.jpeg

Last edited:
sounds like a solid plan. but before buying the shocks measure to get the correct ones. also i'd get the bumpers blasted and coated with a better finish i have heard horror stories about smittybilts coating.

sounds like a solid plan. but before buying the shocks measure to get the correct ones. also i'd get the bumpers blasted and coated with a better finish i have heard horror stories about smittybilts coating.

I already have all of the parts listed. I was only concerned about buying the fronts ahead of time since the rears will be outboarded and set to my specs. Based on experience from my last build and Savvy’s recommendations, I went ahead and got these.

I didn’t know these bumpers had finish issues, good to know. 👍

Are you going to outboard your shocks at the same time?

I agree, the kit is very well put together.