04 TJ won't crank

biggrigg49

04 Jeep won't crank. (manual transmission and 4.0) I have had this problem a few times over the last 3 years or so but will usually right itself after about 10-20 minutes. This time it won't.
When I turn the key to on I have all the gauges and lights and radio. All seems normal until I turn the key to start then nothing. I can hear a click from what sounds like near the fuse panel behind the glove box.
Here is what I have done
-Battery checks good.
-I can jump the starter and get crank but no start.
-I pulled the ignition switch and turned it with a screwdriver but it act the same as with the key. Actuator didn't appear broken.
-I checked the ignition wire going into the starter and it doesn't seem to get power when key is turned.
-Tested clutch safety switch and it seems to work. (I also put fuse into the bypass slot)

I was in the process of installing an aftermarket cruise control. I have been under the dash and could have done something but I don't know what.
Can anybody give me any suggestions on what to try next? I appreciate any help.

Had the same problem, turned out to be the ignition switch module. You'd get the same problem if the switch actuator was broken but I think you've checked to make sure it's not broken,

The actuator was turning the switch. I have an ignition switch and actuator coming today. I'll put those in and hope for the best.
Thanks

Ignition switch did not fix it. I checked all of the plugs that I could reach under the dash and it started. I don't know what I did because all of the plugs felt good. I am still searching for the problem because I am sure it will show up again one day but for now it is running.