WTB: 05-06 Camshaft Position Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardsley

Hey I know this is worn out and every 05-06 is on the hunt but any chance anyone has a CPS part #5149034AA that they don't need anymore?

I started with the P0344 (CPS Intermittent), replaced the sensor with a Dorman (available) but it didn't work, realized my OPDA is factory (160k) so replace that with the Crown unit. The Crown sensor threw every code possible, swapped it for the OEM that was already throwing P0344 code and it ran fine for a min and then threw P0340 (CPS Sensor A). I can clear it with my reader but it's back right away. My 05" Rubi is in amazing shape all around, can't have her go out from a $40 discontinued sensor...

Also hey I'm Kyle Beardsley, I've been reading and fixing my rig with you all's posts for years but I'm defeated on this one and need ask for help.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and the link! Those are in stock down the road so I'm gonna grab one tomorrow and give it a try.

Reactions: 06lj
OK chugged to NAPA and picked up the part on the way to work, I swapped it out in the parking lot, cleared my code, and had no issues on the way to work. I made it home revving normally (not trying to keep under 2k) also with no issues. I've made it this far with other sensors so I'm not getting excited BUT so far so good. Also it has hovered around 30-33 all day. I'll post back with an update soon. Thanks again!

Reactions: Jamison C and 06lj
Definitely post your results. I've been thinking about grabbing one for a spare.

Update: It's been several weeks now, the Napa sensor seemed to work for a couple of days though I didn't do much driving. It then went back to the intermittent limp mode. Nothing, including outside temp seems to matter, sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn't. I've spent the past few weeks searching the internet, calling shops, etc but can't find a factory sensor or any other suggestions to fix this. I avoid the interstate and creep around under 2400 RPM. If reset the computer and it goes into fast learn mode I can seem to get a day or even a couple out if it before it starts back up again. I guess it's possible I have an intermittent ground issue but then it shouldn't work after a computer reset. It could be the computer... I thought maybe cam wear from the OPDA (which I did replace with the Crown unit) but I didn't notice wear on the OPDA, don't have and have never had metal shavings in my oil, and it runs perfectly until the limp shutter and then back to perfect so I doubt that's issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.