06 Headlight issues

EMSQUID

I have a few issues with my headlights on my 2006 TJ.
  • 1. While trying to figure out why LED lights don't work properly on my Jeep, I found that there is a small amount of back feed power going into my high beam connector when low beams are on. This occurs only when one or both headlights are plugged in. When both headlights are disconnected there is no back feed going on.

• Is this a normal occurrences?

• 2. When both or one headlight are plugged in the indicator light on the dash has a delay switching from high to low beams. This only occurs when the headlights are plugged in, when the headlights are unplugged it changes promptly. This occurs no matter what type of headlight is plugged in. The multifunction switch has recently been replaced.

• What could possibly be causing this?

• 3. I've tried 3 sets of LED lights, all 3 need a canbus to light up on my Jeep. The last set I bought the company swears they are plug and play without any canbus for my Jeep, they don't work work at all just by plugging them in. I've used 4 different canbus trying to get them to work in synchronization, sometimes I can get one to dim and go bright, most of the time I can't get them to change it all.

• If my Jeep does not need the canbus to operate LED headlights, why is it no LED's will work on my Jeep without a canbus?

• Ellen

I have a few issues with my headlights on my 2006 TJ.
  • 1. While trying to figure out why LED lights don't work properly on my Jeep, I found that there is a small amount of back feed power going into my high beam connector when low beams are on. This occurs only when one or both headlights are plugged in. When both headlights are disconnected there is no back feed going on.

• Is this a normal occurrences?

• 2. When both or one headlight are plugged in the indicator light on the dash has a delay switching from high to low beams. This only occurs when the headlights are plugged in, when the headlights are unplugged it changes promptly. This occurs no matter what type of headlight is plugged in. The multifunction switch has recently been replaced.

• What could possibly be causing this?

• 3. I've tried 3 sets of LED lights, all 3 need a canbus to light up on my Jeep. The last set I bought the company swears they are plug and play without any canbus for my Jeep, they don't work work at all just by plugging them in. I've used 4 different canbus trying to get them to work in synchronization, sometimes I can get one to dim and go bright, most of the time I can't get them to change it all.

• If my Jeep does not need the canbus to operate LED headlights, why is it no LED's will work on my Jeep without a canbus?

• Ellen

Sounds like you need to install some diodes in the wires that feed the LEDs.

Reactions: EMSQUID
Get one of the aftermarket relay run wiring harnesses hat folk use for higher amperage n stock lights, that might help

Reactions: EMSQUID