06 TJ 65th Anniversary

Julian

This is my daily driver and my toy. I bought it with 33's and a 4inch lift short arm.
X edition with 65th anniversary package (Dana 44 rear)
since then I've added a few things to it:
front smittybilt stiner, rear smittybilt swing tire carry.
CB radio/antenna
Hi-lift jack with hood mount
new HD lower control are brackets.

over this last year I've been gone and ordered a ton of parts awaiting for my arrive to be put on.
boxes sitting in the garage.
Smittybilt XRC rock slides with tube step
Smittybilt 9.5k winch
windshield light mount upper and lower. (50in and 2x 4x4 in)
50inch light bar (non name 30K luminous cree LED)
2x 4x4 inch spot lights (non name 1.5k luminous cree LED)
rugged ridge CD dash mount
Barricade tube fenders

Things I am buying as soon as I get home (just over a month left!!!!)
35's looking at a few different tires, wrangler mt/r's or red letter general grabbers.
4.88 gearing
New soft top.

future plans:
Lockers front and rear
on borad air or co2
long arm lift
rear body panel armor
and much more........
First day.jpg
IMG_1317.JPG

So ended up getting 33's pro comp mt2 they are nice great road manners and great tread and off road capability.
Also installed a new top
Steel pro comp black rims
JK marker light mod
And a winch... More to come as I have time to install it all.
89bd517bae9be8b99d2436f3053e9414.jpg
c1b6e2d8c87b9870830448d034a363c5.jpg
d60278a4a1b54f8c4b27519bfe22d22c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Looks like your rear windows are sagging a bit?
just a little.... they are ripped down the seams and across the top.... the zippers on both sides don't work and are sown together with rope.... its on the list of things to replace. looking at the fast back bow less tops or just a new replacement top. the actually soft top itself has holes and when it rains it drips right over the driver seat. Nothing better then owning a wrangler though! never use my AC and my heater works better then any vehicle I've been in.

just a little.... they are ripped down the seams and across the top.... the zippers on both sides don't work and are sown together with rope.... its on the list of things to replace. looking at the fast back bow less tops or just a new replacement top. the actually soft top itself has holes and when it rains it drips right over the driver seat. Nothing better then owning a wrangler though! never use my AC and my heater works better then any vehicle I've been in.

I would think in Colorado with all that snow you'd want a hard top? I got rid of my soft top because I always put the hard top on in the winter and take the top and doors off during the Summer.

Reactions: Julian
I would think in Colorado with all that snow you'd want a hard top? I got rid of my soft top because I always put the hard top on in the winter and take the top and doors off during the Summer.
an extra 1000$ isn't worth it to me. the heater works amazing and i can always wear a sweater if its too cold. but in the future I might pick one up.

an extra 1000$ isn't worth it to me. the heater works amazing and i can always wear a sweater if its too cold. but in the future I might pick one up.

Yeah, they are spendy as hell there I guess. In some states like Cali you can pick up a perfect hard top for $600!

Ill have to look into that next time I'm in Cali or have my buddy pick me up one.

That's the way to go. The only reason I love my hard top so much is its so much quieter on the highway and it keeps it nice and warm even in the negative weather when it's snowy and cold as hell.

The only problem I have with my hard top is that it isn't painted to match the factory gloss black like the JK's!

I took it to one body shop and asked about it and the guy said he can do it but he can't guarantee it won't peel up. Meh!

The only problem I have with my hard top is that it isn't painted to match the factory gloss black like the JK's!

I took it to one body shop and asked about it and the guy said he can do it but he can't guarantee it won't peel up. Meh!

Blah... I like mine textured and matte black.

I'm in colorado and my soft top is just fine as well.
A bunch of jeeps have gotten their hard tops but I've seen about the same amount with soft tops and some still with no tops.
It depends on the person I guess.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Julian
ecba15a0bd6379d29a21adf658d0d04e.jpg
959551eb5f87eb2be0ff31e2648bd4f3.jpg

What my jeep looks like now that I'm home from my deployment. Put on rock slides, tube fenders, jk marker light, winch, new 33's procomp with black steel rims, new soft top. New ball joints, new track bar and tie rod ends with new pit arm, new shock absorbers and a little work under the hood cleaning parts carb ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaac and brianb2