1” inch wheel spacers on factory wheels

BCB75

TJ Enthusiast
I know 1 inch wheel spacers do not fully cover the wheel studs. I was reading that if the wheel has voids there to clear the remaining stud, that you could go that small on a spacer. The back of my rubicon wheels have this void, and I was wondering if I could get away with the 1" spacer instead of going to a 1.25". They might not 100% line up though. Has anyone run 1" spacers? On moab wheels?

20201002_162416.jpg

I know 1 inch wheel spacers do not fully cover the wheel studs. I was reading that if the wheel has voids there to clear the remaining stud, that you could go that small on a spacer. The back of my rubicon wheels have this void, and I was wondering if I could get away with the 1" spacer instead of going to a 1.25". They might not 100% line up though. Has anyone run 1" spacers? On moab wheels?

View attachment 193838
I know this =><= this much about wheel spacers. But if the lugs on your hub will jut out past the surface of the spacer then surely the lug nuts holding the spacer on will poke out. So I think you'd need room for lugs with nuts on in those voids. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

But if I'm right then it shouldn't be too difficult to test it out: just take a wheel off, put the nuts back on threaded about the same amount as they will need to be to hold the spacer on, then see if you can get less than 1" gap between the wheel and the hub by trying to fit the lugs+nuts into those voids.

The nuts holding on the spacer fit in the cavity that the lug goes in. Think of a standard hex nut, not a lug nut. Only the threaded stud would protrude