1.25" body lift fixed my fuel filler issue

nondem

TJ Enthusiast
I had the problematic fuel fill issue where it took getting the nozzle in just the right position and starting slow to get it to take fuel.
I'm happy to say the 1.25 BL seems to have completely fixed it...I didn't disconnect anything related to that while doing the BL...just gently lifted it only far enough to get the spacers in.
The Jeep fills up fine and only kicks off the pump when the tank is actually full.

(03 Sahara)

Reactions: R3ID05TJ
I had the problematic fuel fill issue where it took getting the nozzle in just the right position and starting slow to get it to take fuel.
I'm happy to say the 1.25 BL seems to have completely fixed it...I didn't disconnect anything related to that while doing the BL...just gently lifted it only far enough to get the spacers in.
The Jeep fills up fine and only kicks off the pump when the tank is actually full.

(03 Sahara)

Good to know , I'm just thinking of lifting mine.. I was wondering Whether or not to disconnect the film neck .. thanks

(03 Sahara)

HAHA I was just about to make the same exact post. Slow fill issue is gone after installing the 1.25" Savvy body lift. Not disconnecting anything during installing the lift.

Disconnected the filler hose for the body lift. Now it’s too short to get the screws back in. Looks like I’ll be pulling the inner fender to try and get the hose to hook back up or even get a longer hose.

Disconnected the filler hose for the body lift. Now it’s too short to get the screws back in. Looks like I’ll be pulling the inner fender to try and get the hose to hook back up or even get a longer hose.

You could try loosening the other end (at the tank) to get the length you need.
Curious if the others who did not disconnect now have a stretched hose.

I disconnected my filler hose when I did the 1.25" body lift, and then it was too short. So I fixed it by raising the gas tank by 1" with a Savvy gas tank skid. Of course that was the plan all along. :cool:

Reactions: L J
Didn’t plan for dropping the tank yet. Aluminum UCF tank skid just got dropped off but the tank is 1/2 full so will have to buy the things needed to syphon out the fuel if I go that route.

Will try moving the tank side hose up a little if I can move the fender out of the way without destroying it. Probably only need a 1/2” to get the screws to bite and attach hose to filler.

Thanks for the tips. Probably would have figured them out on my own though maybe not before I destroyed something irreversible. Are there just the plastic pins holding inner fender on????

the tank is 1/2 full so will have to buy the things needed to syphon out the fuel if I go that route.
you can use the fuel pump to pump the fuel into a gas can or cans by jumping the contacts of the relay
Are there just the plastic pins holding inner fender on????
plastic "Christmas tree" fasteners

Last edited: