1" Lift Options

JM_TJ

TJ Enthusiast
My suspension is sagging big time on my '06 TJ so it's excuse to sort the suspension. It's my daily driver so the majority of the time I'm driving it on the road. I do still take it for some moderate off roading but nothing crazy so I thought a 1" lift will be handy while not messing with on road performance. I've been doing some research on here and it seems like the general consensus for what my needs are would be the Rancho 5000x and 1"H&R Springs. Thoughts on this set up? Any photos would be great. Also, I'm debating about putting a 3/4" spacer in the front the balance the rake. As you can tell I'm a beginner at all this but apart from aesthetics what are the pros and cons of adjusting the rake? Final question, what else do I need but when doing the suspension other than the shocks and springs? Do I need a new bump stop? Sway Bar? Bushings?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks, I need new springs anyways so thought it might be best to get the lift from the new springs I'm putting in?
You could do that, yes. Still, the fact that the factory springs are the only true progressive rate springs out there isn’t a bad thing 👍

You could do that, yes. Still, the fact that the factory springs are the only true progressive rate springs out there isn’t a bad thing 👍
For sure, but I thought they don't make the original springs new anymore? These defo need replacing.

I just did the 1" H&R with Rancho RS5000X on my '98 with 125,000 miles on the stock suspension. Obviously, I have nothing else to compare it to, but freaking love how it turned out. I know everyone reports some different results in the lift gained, but I saw about an inch and a half gain. I didn't change or add anything else except for now jounce bumpers to replace the old ones that were basically gone.

It now has the stance I've always loved with a TJ and factory Grizzly wheels and 31 BFG KO2's

IMG_3172.JPG

IMG_3175.JPG

Stock with 235/75-15 tires
IMG_3105.JPG

I just did the 1" H&R with Rancho RS5000X on my '98 with 125,000 miles on the stock suspension. Obviously, I have nothing else to compare it to, but freaking love how it turned out. I know everyone reports some different results in the lift gained, but I saw about an inch and a half gain. I didn't change or add anything else except for now jounce bumpers to replace the old ones that were basically gone.

It now has the stance I've always loved with a TJ and factory Grizzly wheels and 31 BFG KO2's

View attachment 225199
View attachment 225200

Stock with 235/75-15 tires
View attachment 225201

Looks awesome mate!

Weird, it’s saying it’s not compatible with an ‘06 jeep! I’ve got family in CA so can have them ship it.
52107 should be the correct part number for a SWB TJ. I looked at H&Rs website and they only list it for up to '05 models. I'm not sure why. I don't know of anything that changed that would make it incompatible with an '06. If you have a LWB Unlimited, I thought there was a different part number for it but I can't seem to find any references to it.

52107 should be the correct part number for a SWB TJ. I looked at H&Rs website and they only list it for up to '05 models. I'm not sure why. I don't know of anything that changed that would make it incompatible with an '06. If you have a LWB Unlimited, I thought there was a different part number for it but I can't seem to find any references to it.
Yeah seems like it should be the same for '05 really. Thanks!

Finally found it over in the UK. Turns out H&R make a slightly different version of the spring for the EU market that gives it a bit more of a lift than the US version. This one is 35mm (~1.4in) but I was told by H&R it’s otherwise the same spring. Thanks for the help everyone.