1 year anniversary of owning my TJ

jeepXcore

TJ Enthusiast
It just dawned on me today that I've owned my tj for a whole year this month. And man, what a year it's been. Learned so much about how to work on it, what it's capable of, what it isn't capable of. Experiencing the pride that is jeep ownership, experiencing driving with the doors and top off.

I've always been into iconic cars(only owned vw gti's since high school). I always loved jeeps ever since I was a kid when I saw that 1990's remake of "Land of the Lost" where they drove the jeep Cherokee around. I used to always bug my parents to buy a jeep when it came time to get a new family car, but to no avail.

Needless it say, when I bought my tj at 30, I wasn't sure if it would live up to the hype I created in my mind at 5 years old - it was. Owning a jeep is everything I imagined it would be, and more.
572c8f95a14054c0827e3d458ee62ec5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Amen. Owning a TJ is the best decision I've ever made (aside from buying a house and having kids). The joy my TJ brings me is something no other vehicle has ever been able to do. I always look forward to driving it, and the kids love it too!

Happy anniversary. My first vehicle was a '95 Cherokee. 2nd was a' 97 which was a daily driver for 11 years (225k miles) drove her cross country twice with the dog co-driver. When her life was cut short by a young woman who didn't feel like stopping at a stop light, I bought a 2006 rubi that was already lifted and had some nice goodies. Last year an old lady didn't feel like stopping at a stop sign, and cut the rubi down in her prime. So, of course, I bought a 2005 Rubi. Welcome to the obsession. People like us are the reason these things hold their value so incredibly well. Your Jeep looks good. Reminds me of my first tj.

Reactions: Travis
Happy anniversary. My first vehicle was a '95 Cherokee. 2nd was a' 97 which was a daily driver for 11 years (225k miles) drove her cross country twice with the dog co-driver. When her life was cut short by a young woman who didn't feel like stopping at a stop light, I bought a 2006 rubi that was already lifted and had some nice goodies. Last year an old lady didn't feel like stopping at a stop sign, and cut the rubi down in her prime. So, of course, I bought a 2005 Rubi. Welcome to the obsession. People like us are the reason these things hold their value so incredibly well. Your Jeep looks good. Reminds me of my first tj.
Meant to say, 2nd was a '97 tj.

Thats awesome man, congrats!
Post that pic in the Ride of the Month thread and you'll get my vote!

Reactions: Chris
Amen. Owning a TJ is the best decision I've ever made (aside from buying a house and having kids). The joy my TJ brings me is something no other vehicle has ever been able to do. I always look forward to driving it, and the kids love it too!
Has anyone ever analyzed or explained the TJ Euphoric Effect? I got it too!

Reactions: Chris