100MPH?

Nice! I did a little over 180 on my friend's ZX-11R in Germany, then camento the realization that bikes are not for me. More like I am no good for a bike, the need for speed was just too tempting back then! I had my M3 going in that neighborhood too, but at the end of the day I'd prefer 70mph in a TJ or Toyota 4x4 over either of them now.

I had i think 127mph in the quarter mile at the track..an it will go faster past the quarter mile.....no need to speed in a weldedcambolt jeep:) plus if your in a jeep an someone waves....an dw hits....at the same time......no good..;)

Nice! I did a little over 180 on my friend's ZX-11R in Germany, then camento the realization that bikes are not for me. More like I am no good for a bike, the need for speed was just too tempting back then! I had my M3 going in that neighborhood too, but at the end of the day I'd prefer 70mph in a TJ or Toyota 4x4 over either of them now.

My Girl and I at Arroyo Seco in New Mexico:
_DSC2306.JPG
_DSC2277.JPG

Personally, I think the only thing keeping me from seeing if she'll do 100 is the cost in fuel...

I can't believe this many people feel the need for speed driving these things.
Having lived in Albany NY I can safely say that folks drive a bit different out here. Think of driving on 95 with 10 times the population, surrounded by the Catskills only 10 times bigger mountains. Everyone one wants to go play in the mud, but they have to get away from people. Not to mention it is fun seeing people’s face when they see a Jeep hauling ass.

I can't believe this many people feel the need for speed driving these things.

I don’t think of it as a need for speed. I think of it as knowing that my vehicle can safety hit certain high speeds.

Do I plan on driving over 85mph? Nope. But I want to know that my vehicle COULD do it.

Speed limits on the interstates I drive on are 70mph. One 2 of the roads I travel on, if you’re going 75mph, then you’re way to slow. You’ll cause an accident for not keeping up. The average speed on that road is 80mph. And the police WILL pull you over for not keeping up.

Reactions: jeep_boss
I don’t think of it as a need for speed. I think of it as knowing that my vehicle can safety hit certain high speeds.

Do I plan on driving over 85mph? Nope. But I want to know that my vehicle COULD do it.

Speed limits on the interstates I drive on are 70mph. One 2 of the roads I travel on, if you’re going 75mph, then you’re way to slow. You’ll cause an accident for not keeping up. The average speed on that road is 80mph. And the police WILL pull you over for not keeping up.
This x2.

I also view driving as getting from point A to point B, efficiently. My state has a law similar to that of what I got used to driving in Europe: keep right, except to pass. The signs are posted everywhere. Do people obey this? Usually not. They refer to these morons as lane campers - people who drive as if they have no purpose in life that wish to slow down everyone else's day.

This x2.

I also view driving as getting from point A to point B, efficiently. My state has a law similar to that of what I got used to driving in Europe: keep right, except to pass. The signs are posted everywhere. Do people obey this? Usually not. They refer to these morons as lane campers - people who drive as if they have no purpose in life that wish to slow down everyone else's day.
I thought in EU keep left? That's probably why people do not obey it.

I don't know what the actual speed was but I've bounced the LJ off the hard limiter at ~95mph indicated on a not infrequent basis.

I hate to say such a thing, but I don't think many are very good drivers? I drove my XJ over 80 all the time and it was nothing. That was back in 1996. I think I will drive my TJ 80 now and again to work. It is a 4.0 and not some big deal. Maybe people just don't have a feel for their vehicles? Seriously, I don't get the thread. In a week or so when I am driving it all the time I will chime back in, but I drove it to Ohio at about 80 and it was not nearly dialed in. 80 isn't that fast.

To be blunt and guaranteed to surely offend a few, I'll just say what I have been thinking since this thread was started... stupidest thread ever made here. 100 in a car in good condition? No problem. 100 mph in a SWB Wrangler? Shit-for-brains stupid.

Well I went to 80mph. 100 isn't what I was thinking about to be honest, but I think 80 on a nice straight road with very little traffic. I do agree the SWB is an issue, but being a driver I find it interesting and fun. 100? Part of me wants to do it and take a picture of my speedo, but I did grow up in the 70's when we did things that by today's standers would be considered deadly and that was daily. lol

To be blunt and guaranteed to surely offend a few, I'll just say what I have been thinking since this thread was started... stupidest thread ever made here. 100 in a car in good condition? No problem. 100 mph in a SWB Wrangler? Shit-for-brains-stupid.
Yeah, I told my daughter not to be stupid when she hits 95 mph.
If I was not sitting in there probably she kept on going.